VIENNA - The Ohio Valley University Theatre Department will present "Hello Dolly!" 8 p.m. today and Saturday and at 2 p.m. Sunday in the Erickson Theatre on the south campus off College Parkway.
General admission is $5. For another $5, guests may purchase a dessert ticket and enjoy a treat during the show.
"Hello Dolly!" is a romantic comedy centered on Dolly Levgi, a larger-than-life matchmaker whose efforts to marry millionaire Horace Vandergelder become intertwined in finding suitors for his friends and family. The audience is taken on a hilarious journey through New York City.
The cast is:
* Dolly Levi played by Mara Capati
* Horace Vandergelder played by Eric Salmen
* Cornelius Hackl played by Jacob Glaspell
* Barnaby Tucker played by Ryan Rapp
* Irene Molloy played by Barbra Greathouse
* Minnie played by Tori Smith
* The chorus and townspeople include Ashley Fluharty, Corey Hughes, Austin Perkins, Amy Rice, Dustin Digman, Bethy Grizer, Brenda Grizer, Katelyn Tennant, A.J. Gleason, Christopher Robbins, Patrick Reynolds, Kayla Morehead, Danielle McAfee, Lindsey Powell and John Taylor
The artistic director is Maureen Modesitt. The music director is James Berry and the pianist is Laura Hamm.