PARKERSBURG - A man charged in connection with concealing the body of a Wood County woman was denied a bond reduction Thursday in Wood County Circuit Court.
Victor Lee Thompson, 35, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, has been charged, but not indicted, on charges of concealment of a deceased body and conspiracy to commit a felony.
Judge J.D. Beane denied a motion to reduce Thompson's bond from $150,000 to $50,000 with the condition of home confinement. According to court records, the original bond was $100,000 for the concealment charge and $50,000 for the conspiracy charge.
Parkersburg police reported Brandy Marie Adams, 25, was found Sept. 20 in the trunk of her vehicle at the Seventh Street Car Wash. The use of illegal drugs contributed to the victim's death, police said.
According to court records, Thompson and two others, Crystal Dawn Smith and Arthur Allen Thornton, allegedly conspired to move Adams' body from the place of her death, 57 Meadowbrook Trailer Park, Parkersburg, by placing her in the trunk of a vehicle and transporting her to the car wash.
In other hearings Thursday:
* Raymond J. Munson, 28, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, was granted a motion to continue trial. Judge Robert Waters continued the trial to the January term and a new trial date was set for Jan. 23, 2012. Munson was indicted by the September 2012 grand jury on a charge of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver.
* Justin Paul Caplinger, 32, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, was arraigned on a petition to revoke his probation. A probable cause hearing in Wood County Magistrate Court was set for 2 p.m. Dec. 13 before Magistrate Brenda Marshall and a final hearing was set for 10 a.m. Jan. 12, 2013 before Waters. A motion for bond was denied.
* Joshua Paul Adams, 21, 821 18th St., Vienna, entered a plea agreement with the state to plead guilty to two charges of delivery of a controlled substance as charged by the September 2012 grand jury. His sentencing was set for 9 a.m. Jan. 18, 2013 before Waters. He is free on bond pending sentencing.
* Emmett Darren Starcher, 42, 5296 Elizabeth Pike, Parkersburg, entered a plea agreement to plead guilty to a charge of fleeing from an officer in a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol. His sentencing was set for 9:15 a.m. Jan. 22, 2013 before Beane.
Hearings from Wednesday:
* Ryan Ashley Williams, 27, in custody, entered a plea agreement to plead guilty to first-degree robbery with a firearm specification as charged by the May 2012 grand jury. His sentencing was set for 9:30 a.m. Jan. 17, 2013 before Waters and a motion for probation or alternative sentencing was taken under advisement.
* Amanda Althea Bonnett Boyd, also known as Amanda Caplinger and Amanda Bonnett, Parkersburg, entered a plea agreement with the state to plead guilty to a charge of third-offense DUI. Waters rejected the plea, but judgment was held until sentencing set for 3 p.m. March 8, 2013 to allow a presentencing report to be completed. She remains free on bond to await sentencing.