PARKERSBURG - The second annual Great Bowls of Fire Chili Cookoff will be noon-3 p.m. Oct. 6 at Point Park.
The event is organized by the Chamber of Commerce of the Mid-Ohio Valley and the Jaycees.
Admission includes entry to the event, an opportunity to try all chili samples and a commemorative beer mug. Beverage purchases will not be included with the ticket.
The cookoff will also include live entertainment by South of The River and beer from North End Tavern and Brewery. For more information, contact the chamber at 304-422-3588.
"We were honored to be the inaugural event at the new Point Park," Chamber CEO/President Jill Parsons said of the first Great Bowls of Fire event in 2011.
Parsons said the event was something different for the chamber to do and was well received by the community. About 15 chili cooks and nearly 300 tasters attended the first event and she hopes to see both areas increase this year.
Volunteers are still needed for the event to help with a variety of tasks, organizers say.
Those interested in volunteering can call the chamber or go online to www.movchamber.org.
Parsons said the main change in this year's event will involve admission prices. Last year's event followed the model used by the Taste of Parkersburg with an admission fee and smaller fees for sampled items. This year, the admission price will cover everything but beverage purchases, she said.
Advance tickets are $10 for chamber members and $12 for the public and will be $15 at the door for everyone. Ticketholders will have the chance to sample all entries and will receive a commemorative mug.
Tickets are available from chamber members, with a list of locations online at www.movchamber.org. Other ticket locations include:
* Advantage Bank, 1500 Grand Central Ave., Vienna
* Ameriprise Financial, 3501 Emerson Ave., Parkersburg
* Cox Family Pharmacy, 1212 Garfield Ave., Parkersburg
* GAK3, 1915 Dudley Ave., Parkersburg
* McNeer, Highland, McMunn and Varner, 414 Market St., Parkersburg
* Mid-Ohio Valley Regional Airport, West Virginia 31, near Williamstown
* Murray Sheet Metal, 3112 Seventh St., Parkersburg
* Peoples Cartage/Peoples Service, 4301 Camden Ave., Parkersburg
* Prudential Financial, 4421 Emerson Ave., Parkersburg
* Results Radio, 5 Rosemar Circle, Parkersburg
* S&P Harley Davidson, 80 Thunder Road, Williamstown
* United Bank, 1, Rosemar Circle, Parkersburg
* WesBanco Bank, 415 Market St., Parkersburg
* Willows Center, 723 Summer St., Parkersburg
* Vision Care Associates, 402 Avery St., Parkersburg
* MOV Chamber Office, 409 1/2 Market St., Parkersburg