PARKERSBURG - A sentencing and a status hearing were heard Wednesday in Wood County Circuit Court.
* Jessica Lynn Estep, 26, 8 Kings Row Court, Parkersburg, was sentenced after she entered a plea agreement to plead guilty to a charge of delivery of a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of a public elementary school. Judge Robert Waters sentenced her to one to 15 years in prison with credit for 97 days served suspended for three years probation. She is to serve four months on home confinement with GPS.
* Phillip Justin Hall, 33, 40 Alps St., Williamstown, appeared for a hearing to allow the state to use video testimony. Waters granted the motion to allow the testimony and set a status hearing within 30 days. Hall was indicted by the September 2011 grand jury on multiple counts of first-degree sexual abuse, first-degree sexual assault and sexual abuse by a custodian.
Hearings from Sept. 11:
* John Leslie Morgan, 57, 2356 26th Ave., Parkersburg, entered a plea agreement to plead guilty by reason of insanity on two charges of second-degree robbery and fleeing from an officer in a vehicle as charged by the May 2009 grand jury. Judge J.D. Beane granted a motion to move directly to sentencing where Morgan was sentenced to five years on each count to run consecutively. He is to be placed at Sharpe Hospital for continued treatment and when the staff recommends placement in a stepdown unit it will be allowed.
* Jessica Marie Ruble, 26, 12 Ninth St., Vienna, entered a plea agreement to plead guilty to a charge of third-offense driving while license revoked for DUI as charged by the January 2012 grand jury; her sentencing was set for 9 a.m. Dec. 3 before Beane.
* Lucas Adam Shank, 32, 301 Sixth Ave., Parkersburg, pleaded guilty by way of a plea agreement to a charge of third-offense DUI as charged in count one of a May 2012 grand jury indictment. His sentencing was set for 9:30 a.m. Dec. 3 before Beane. A second count of third-offense DUI was dismissed.
* Eddie Russell Cox Jr., 45, in custody at the North Central Regional Jail, appeared for a plea and sentencing hearing for a charge of first-degree arson as charged by the May 2012 grand jury. The hearing was continued to 1 p.m. Oct. 1.