PARKERSBURG - A casting call will take place from noon-6 p.m. Friday at the Smoot Theatre, 213 Fifth St.
Actors are requested to send a headshot and resume in advance, if possible, to Newfoundland Films at email@example.com
Newfoundland Films is accepting applications for a feature to be filmed in Ritchie and Wyoming counties in West Virginia. Principal photography will take place in September and January.
Roles range from one day to several days and include principal, supporting and extra positions. Some actors will be needed in Ritchie, some in Wyoming and some in both.
Principal roles are paid, plus casting credit and meals. Other roles are paid by casting credit and meals only.
The following roles are being cast:
* Tobias Barrette, a principal role, a 7-year-old boy who has been missing in the area. The child actor can be older but has to look the right age. The actor cannot be younger than 6 years old. This is a very important role in the sense that there are no speaking lines for this character but he'll be portraying the main ghost of the movie, he is in most parts of the film. Darker hair preferred. Special hair and makeup will be applied to the character every day on set.
* Oliver, a speaking supporting role, one of the three missing boys in the movie. He's a 7- to 8-year-old boy who is sweet and mature for his age. The child actor cannot be younger than 6.
* Emmett, a speaking supporting role. The youngest of the three missing boys, the boy needs to look 5-7 years old, he's shy and insecure. The child actor cannot be younger than 6 years old.
* Old Man, a day player: a nice, kind resident from West Virginia who gives driving directions.
* Doctor Morris, supporting: late 60s or 70s in age.
* Nurse Lou Ann, supporting: in her late 60s or 70s, has a cold look and not too friendly attitude toward "outsiders."
* Mary, a day player: Sheriff McFadden's personal assistant. A sweet lady in her 40s.
* Officer Bob, a day feature: a good cop, mellow guy in his 40s with a kind heart.
* Mrs. Cornstone, a speaking day player: a chatty sweet lady in her late 70s/80s with the look of a librarian.
* Paramedics 1 and 2: speaking roles, day players, late 20s/30s, both need to be male.
* Tommy, Gas Station Boy: day player, speaking role, late teens to early 20s.
* TV Anchors/Newscast 2: Speaking roles, day players, male or female.
* Sheriff McFadden: supporting, wise man with a mellow attitude in his 50s or 60s who's ready to retire and feeling the pressure from the FBI regarding all the missing children's cases in town. He is a straight-forward and very experienced man. A West Virginia accent is a must.
* Melbourne: principal, private detective in his 50s. A West Virginia accent is a must.
* Leonard and Margaret Cunnings, principals, a couple in their late 50s or early 60s. Both appear to be normal, nice people but are seriously unstable.
* Officer Thompson: strong supporting, an officer in his 40s . He's the sheriff's right hand man.
* Several extras.