The Chamber of Commerce of the Mid-Ohio Valley has tons of events and activities on the calendar for this fall. There is something for everyone and while we would love to see all our members at every event, we understand how quick a calendar can get filled. Join us when you can; make a special effort to support the special events; grab a co-worker and leave work on time to enjoy a Business After Hours. Simple as that.
Every month the Chamber of Commerce of the Mid-Ohio Valley has at least two programs for its members an evening Business After Hours and a Friday afternoon Lunch & Learn. These events have become so popular that for the month of September we are going to have double the fun and activities. All of the hosts for these events are preparing great events and we encourage you to attend and support these Chamber members. Plus, you'll have a great time networking at the BAHs and learning something new at the Lunch & Learns. On-line registration is available at www.movchamber.org or call the Chamber at 304-422-3588.
September Business After Hours
* Sept. 6, 6-8 p.m., Superior Toyota Grand Opening, 3101 Seventh St., Parkersburg;
* Sept. 18, 5-7 p.m., Mattress Warehouse, 2824 Pike St., Parkersburg.
September Lunch & Learns
* Sept. 7, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., WV Association for Justice, Judge Black Annex, 319 Market St., Parkersburg;
* Sept. 21, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Just Beneath the Surface, WV Central Credit Union, 809 Division St., Parkersburg;
September Lunch Mob
* Sept. 12, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., DaVinci's, 215 Highland Ave., Williamstown.
The goal of our Lunch Mob initiative is to encourage folks to swing by and have lunch at a place that might be new to them, or maybe it's a place you frequent often, or maybe you just haven't been there in a while. Bring a co-worker and support a Chamber member. You have to eat lunch, right?
Women in Leadership Luncheon
* Sept. 26, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Blennerhassett Hotel, 320 Market St., Parkersburg.
Designed to celebrate women who guide area businesses and organizations and those rising to the top in their organizations, the Women in Leadership luncheon will feature WTAP weekend anchor Shannon Houser as emcee and keynote speakers Sandy Austin Feltner with PepsiCo and Lynne Schwabe with the National Youth Science Foundation and State Journal columnist.
Chamber members receive a certain number of complimentary tickets based on their specific membership tier; additional attendees are $50 a person. To register go to the Women in Leadership luncheon link at www.movchamber.org
Great Bowls of Fire Chili Cookoff
* Oct. 6, noon-3 p.m., Point Park in Parkersburg
There are three ways to get involved with the Great Bowls of Fire Chili Cookoff:
* Enter your chili for a chance to win great prizes. Competition fee per team is $25 if you supply your own tent, $35 if you need a tent; deadline to register is Sept. 10.
* Taste all the chili samples, enjoy the wonderful musical entertainment (South of the River Band), and take home a cool commemorative beer mug. We are pleased to partner with the North End Tavern and Pepsi for cold beverages. Beverage purchases are not included in the admission ticket. Tickets go on sale Sept. 12; check out the Chamber website for the ticket locations. Admission is $10 for Chamber members in advance, $12 for public in advance, $15 for all attendees at the door
* Be a volunteer, help out at the event and get a cool T-shirt. Sign up today at 304-422-3588 or online at www.movchamber.org to join our great team of volunteers at the cookoff.
What else is in the queue?
* Lunch Mob at Burger King on Oct. 17
* Annual Dinner & Awards Banquet on Nov. 8
We are adding more to the calendar every day so make sure and check our website frequently for more events and details.
Visit this space every other Sunday for more Chamber news.
We also invite you to call us at 304-422-3588, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the Chamber office at 409 1/2 Market St. in Parkersburg.
* * *
Jill Parsons is president and CEO of the Chamber of Commerce of the Mid-Ohio Valley.