With the massive power outage that struck much of the Mid-Ohio Valley and beyond, there are vital supplies residents are looking for.
* While this list is fluctuating by the moment, at last reports there was gasoline available at two stations in Vienna, although it was not known how long supplies would last and lines were very long.
* For groceries, the Foodland in Vienna was open as were some of the KomPak locations around town.
* The Wendy's restaurant in Vienna, the Shoney's in Parkersburg and the Subway in Vienna and in Parkersburg were open.
* Water supply was reported not to be a problem in Parkersburg, but in both Parkersburg and Marietta officials were advising to use it sparingly.
* For building supplies, the Lowe's in Vienna was open.
* The 911 center reportedly was not in operation and calls were being directed to the Parkersburg Police Department and the Wood County Sheriff's Office.
* Camden Clark Medical Center and Marietta Memorial Hospital were both in operation.
* Traffic signals around the area were not in operation and authorities were advising motorists to treat all intersections as four-way stops.
* Cellphone services throughout the valley were sporadic with many telephone calls failing.
* Power company officials could not estimate how long power would be out, but rumors have spread it could be several days before everything is returned to normal.
* The American Red Cross chapter has set up cooling stations at various locations.