PARKERSBURG Local activities will highlight the Labor Day weekend in the Mid-Ohio Valley.
Among those are:
* At Mountwood Park, the Labor Day Weekend Horse Rides and Camp Out will be held today through Monday. For more information, go to www.mountwoodpark.org or call 304-679-3611.
* The Apple Butter Weekend at Blennerhassett Island Historical State Park will be held from today to Sunday. Four-H groups will make apple butter over an open fire. For more information, visit www.blennershassettislandstatepark.com or call 304-420-4800.
* The Washington County Fair starts at 7 a.m. Saturday and ends 11 p.m. Tuesday. The annual fair is held at the fairgrounds in Marietta.
* The Valley Gem Sternwheeler Sightseeing Cruise, under way through Nov. 10, will feature a special two-hour dinner cruise on Saturday. For cruise hours, prices and other information, go to www.valleygemsternwheeler.com or call 740-373-7862.
* At North Bend State Park, the Monarch Butterfly State Festival will be held from today to Monday. The festival focuses upon conservation of live butterflies and caterpillars and presentations. For admission information, call the park at 304 737-4411 or go to www.northbendsp.com.
* The Fenton Art Glass Annual Labor Day Weekend Sale and Family Signing Event at the Fenton Gift Shop in Williamstown from today to Monday. Signing events are 11 a.m.-1 p.m. today, Saturday and Monday and 1-3 p.m. Sunday. A glass identification session will be held from 1-3 p.m. Sunday. For more information, go to www.fentonartglass.com or call 304-375-7772.
* Mulberry Lane Country Store Cat's Meow Open House will be held from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. today to Monday. The event introduces new Cat's Meow collector pieces and new local Cat's Meow reproductions. For more information, go to www.mulberrylanewv.com or contact 304 428-1949.
For more information on events happening in the Greater Parkersburg area, visit www.greaterparkersburg.com or call 304-428-1130.