PARKERSBURG - A motion to change the conditions of bond for a man involved in a September 2009 break-in was granted Thursday in Wood County Circuit Court.
Shane Michael Dye, 22, 2105 Wolfe Run Road, Rockport, was granted a motion by Judge J.D. Beane to release him from home confinement as a condition of his bond, but he was ordered to continue taking drug tests through the day report center at his expense. Dye was among four who were charged with conspiracy to commit burglary in the Sept. 20, 2009 incident.
Dye was also named in a new felony bill of information charging him with conspiracy to commit burglary. According to court records, Dye, Daniel David Dickel, Shianne Danielle Winters, Scott Michael Gough and Toney Lee Dickel were charged with the breaking and entering during the nighttime of the dwelling of Bryce Eugene Barnes, 19, at the Mineral Manor Apartments in Mineral Wells. During the incident, police said Barnes fatally shot 19-year-old Chris Dickel.
Dickel and others allegedly harassed Barnes and others in the apartment by yelling, pounding and kicking the door of the apartment. Police reported the group kicked in the door and entered the apartment. According to police, while inside the apartment Dickel was shot by Barnes. Dickel later died from his wounds.
In other hearings:
- Michael Shawn Williams, 41, and Charlene Nichole Walker, 28, both of 443 Marrtown Road, Parkersburg, were in court for a sentencing but their plea agreement was rejected by Beane. A new trial date will be set at 1:30 p.m. Sept. 23, the opening day of the September court term, for Williams. Walker's new trial date will be set at 3 p.m. Oct. 18 before Beane. Williams was indicted by the September grand jury on three counts of delivery of a controlled substance, cocaine in January 2009. Walker was named in only the second count of the indictment.
- Brian Keith Sidwell, 29, 2135 16th St., Parkersburg, was acquitted of two counts of domestic battery and one count of violation of a protective order after a two-day trial.
- Brandy Marie Hennessee, 25, 2503 Beverly St., Apt. 104, Parkersburg, was sentenced after successfully completing the drug court program. Judge Jeffrey Reed sentenced her to three years probation suspending a sentence of one to 15 years in prison with credit for 115 days served.
Court hearings Wednesday:
- Randi Jane Lefever, 35, 2821 Emerson Ave., Apt. 34, Parkersburg, was granted a continuance to the September court term. A status or plea hearing was set for 1:30 p.m. Sept. 17 before Judge Robert Waters. She was indicted by the May 2010 grand jury on charges of unlawful entry of a dwelling, conspiracy to commit unlawful entry of a dwelling and petit larceny.
- Lucas Richard Wilkening, 25, 1055 1/2 31st St., Parkersburg, entered a plea agreement with the state to plead guilty to battery, a lesser included offense to the charge of unlawful assault as charged by the May 2010 grand jury. His sentencing was set for 10 a.m. Nov. 12 before Waters.