| || |
Newspaper is a great resource for the student in your family
August 26, 2014 - Art Smith
With schools open, it is a good time to think about how valuable the newspaper is to any student in your family.
The newspaper for a year costs less than some college textbooks and it provides a huge amount of information to any young scholars in your family. A subscription to the newspaper also comes with All Access, which includes a wealth of information on this website in and a digital version of the newspaper that can be view on the web or via apps that can be used on either a smart phone or tablet.
The newspaper is a great resource to turn to for school. Here are some examples of how it can be used.
• Finding current events – There are dozens of stories published each day in the newspaper and on the web. Learning about what is going on in their own community will not only fulfill an assignment, it will make them a more educated resident.
• Researching a topic – The website has an archive of thousands of local stories from 2008, making it the largest online resource for information about the Parkersburg area.
• Viewing the past - The News and Sentinel website has a collection of historical front pages that allow the reader to view historical events in the context they were printed. View the end of World War II, or men walking on the moon the same way readers did when the events occurred. The section features pages that can be viewed full size, allowing stories to be read just as they were years ago.
• Being part of the conversation – Readers and students can submit letters to the editor directly from our site, making it a great way to have their views heard everywhere.
• Saving a newspaper page - The e-edition of the newspaper allows the reader to make clips of a story, or to save the whole page. Making it a great addition to any report.
To use All Access a subscriber of the newspaper needs to validate their print subscription. All this means is that you are linking your print subscription to your digital subscription. The digital portion is included at no additional charge. Once linked, you can enjoy the newspaper from anywhere. If you are not a subscriber, you can easily become, just give us a call, or click on this link.
No comments posted for this article.
Post a Comment