Mid-Ohio Valley chamber seeking new team member
The only constant thing in life is change and the MOV Chamber is not immune to changes in our team. Megan Hardway, our Membership & Events Specialist, will be leaving in a couple weeks to take a newly-created position with Williamstown Bank.
Please join me in thanking Megan for the great energy and support she has provided over the past 3 years to our organization and to our members. We are glad she is staying local and will still be involved with the Parkersburg Area Jaycees and also with the Chamber, but on the other side of the membership relationship.
Do you know someone who would be perfect to join the team here at the MOV Chamber? Deadline to apply is noon on Sept 13 – information is below on how to submit resume and cover letter.
The Chamber of Commerce of the Mid-Ohio Valley is currently seeking a Membership & Events Specialist. The Chamber of Commerce of the Mid-Ohio Valley is a membership-based organization of over 380 area businesses, not-for-profit organizations, government agencies, education providers and individuals. Together the members of the MOV Chamber pool their talents and resources to make the members and the local economy stronger through programming, networking, education and advocacy. The Chamber is known for its ability to provide great opportunities for business professionals to network with one another to make the Mid-Ohio Valley a great place to live, work and play.
The Membership & Events Specialist coordinates and implements membership initiatives and special events with responsibilities that includes managing social media platforms and creating brand awareness.
The essential duties of the job include:
* Launch initiatives for membership engagement and growth (onboard new members, meet with potential members, connect with existing members)
˜* Facilitate new member activities and orientation (ribbon cuttings, grand openings, Champion visits)
* Maintain and update membership database
* Prepare communications with members and committees (e-blasts, social media posts, emails, website)
* Track attendance and membership for metrics/engagement
* Primary contact with Business After Hours and Lunch & Learn hosts
* Oversee event registration and on-line publicity
Ideal applicants should meet the following qualifications:
* Bachelors in Business, Marketing, or Communications
* Minimum 3 years’ experience with similar duties
* Intermediate or higher level of proficiency in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, photography and social media
* Excellent ability to communicate, both written and verbally, with individuals and groups
* Demonstrated ability to manage projects and events from concept to completion, including managing a budget and volunteer resources
* Must have a polished demeanor and be comfortable working with people at all levels
The successful candidate will be task and detail oriented with a proven track record of managing challenging situations and deadlines. Candidates must be able to work some limited evening hours (very rarely weekend hours.) Flexible, fun and engaging work environment.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The deadline for submission is noon on Sept. 13, 2019.
Jill Parsons is the president/CEO of the Mid-Ohio Valley Chamber of Commerce.