MOV Chamber looks to Facebook presence
“Like Us on Facebook” – you see or hear this on almost all advertising messages these days. And to like someone, it’s really as simple as clicking a thumbs up. Then when you hop on Facebook in the morning, midday while waiting for that conference call to start, or before you head to bed, you’ll see messages and photos in your newsfeed from the pages you like.
But why do companies want you to like them?
Facebook continues to grow as a messaging option. While it’s free to set up a page and post content, there is a “cost” in the time it takes to manage and update a Facebook page. But if you are serious about trying to stay in real-time communication with your customers and potential customers, managing your social media presence must be a priority.
The MOV Chamber is hoping to expand our reach with Facebook. We take photos at every event and Facebook (and other social media) is a great way to share those photos in near real time. Have a last minute change or announcement? Social media is a great option to communicate that information as well. What Chamber events are coming up? We are putting all of that on our Facebook page too.
But social media is only as good as the number of people who like you. And right now that number is 351 for our MOV Chamber Facebook page. We want it to be at least 1,000.
At each and every event, we hear how much our members like being a part of the MOV Chamber of Commerce. And for that we are very grateful!
Based on your business and involvement, everyone gets something different out of their Chamber membership. Now’s your chance to let everyone know why YOU like us. We are capturing member testimonials to use throughout the year in our messaging.
Post a testimonial on our Facebook page before midnight on March 31 and one lucky MOV Chamber member will be selected to win complimentary attendance at the April 8 LinkedIn Training offered by our members WV Social Media Consultants and Amanda Buckley Imaging.
1. First, go to www.facebook.com/movchamber and Like the MOV Chamber Facebook page if you aren’t a fan already.
2. Post a short testimonial before MIDNIGHT on MARCH 31 about why you are a member and your favorite aspect/benefit of being a Chamber member.
3. A winner will be selected from all the current Chamber members who post a testimonial. The winner will receive complimentary attendance at the April 8 LinkedIn Training. The winner will be announced on our Facebook page on Tuesday, April 1 (No, this isn’t an April Fool’s joke.)
4. Want more information about the LinkedIn Training on April 8?
WV Social Media and Amanda Buckley Imagining will present a special seminar on April 8 at the Blennerhassett Hotel on how to use LinkedIn to find leads, generate business relationships and keep connected to your customers. PLUS everyone that attends will get a Free head shot session from Amanda Buckley Imaging to complete your LinkedIn profile. $125 per person. Class times are 2-4 p.m. or 6-8 p.m. You can find the link to pre-register on the MOV Chamber Facebook page.
You will leave this training with:
* At least 10 new business generating connections
* A completed profile full of all the right information to catch the eye of your newest client
* Simple Steps to make follow up with clients easier* By posting a testimonial you give permission for the Chamber of Commerce of the Mid-Ohio Valley to use your post in messaging to promote Chamber membership.
Jill Parsons is the president/CEO of the Chamber of Commerce fthe Mid-Ohio Valley.