Time for chamber members to set goals
It’s that time of the year to start thinking about your New Year’s Resolutions. I’m sure you have several personal resolutions, but I hope you also have a few professional ones too. Selfishly, I’m hoping at least one of your 2014 goals involves the Chamber!
So now’s the time to let us know if you or your company would like to:
1. Join one of the 4 Chamber committees
a. Government Relations meets the first Wednesday of each month at 8 a.m.
b. Schools & Business meets the first Wednesday of each month at noon.
c. Chamber Champions meets the second Wednesday of each month at noon.
d. Special Events meets the fourth Wednesday of each month at noon.
2. Join one of the Special Events planning subgroups
a.Business Expo (event date March 3)
b. Partner in Education Luncheon (event date April 2)
c. High School Business Symposium (event date April 16)
d. MOV Chamber Day at the Capital (event date February )
e. Women in Leadership luncheon (event date June/July )
f. Great Bowls of Fire Chili Cookoff (event date October )
g. Annual Dinner/Awards Banquet (event date November )
3. Host a Business After Hours
We have locked in all the BAHs for 2014, and are starting to reserve dates for 2015. Our Business After Hours are typically held on the third Tuesday of each month from 5-7 p.m. at various member locations. If you have interest in hosting a BAH, please call us as soon as possible so that we can get you on the waiting list.
4. Host a Lunch & Learn
Our 2014 L&L schedule is booked through June, so if you have a topic that would be of general interest to our members, please call the office to get on the schedule.
5. Become a Partner in Education
6. Host a LUNCH MOB (for restaurant members)
7. Host a CASH MOB (for retail members)
8. Provide a special offer to those that join the Chamber in 2014
9. Provide a reciprocal offer to fellow Chamber members
10. And for those that are not yet members of the Chamber, is this the year for you to get involved with our great group of small and large businesses, not-for-profit organizations, education institutions, and government agencies? Look at all the things we have to offer – everything is designed to support our members through one of our four focus areas: Advocacy, Networking, Education and Programming.
Simply drop us a note to let us know which of these “resolutions” interest you.
We are excited to start 2014 full steam ahead! And more importantly, we are glad you are on our team!
Visit this space every other Sunday for more Chamber news. We also invite you to call us at 304-422-3588, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the Chamber office at 409 Market St. in Parkersburg.
Jill Parsons is president/CEO of the Chamber of Commerce of the Mid-Ohio Valley