MOV Chamber of Commerce grows
In June of this year I shared the listing of the 24 new members we had added during the first half of 2013. I’m proud to share that since the mid-year update, we have added an additional 16 new members to our Chamber roster!
For many, many years our Chamber motto has been “Chamber members support Chamber members.” When new members join the Chamber we work diligently to communicate this information to the community and our existing members. The goal is to encourage our existing members to connect with the new members.
For each business and organization, this “connection” takes a unique form it may be stopping by to patronize the new member, keeping them top-of-mind when a challenge presents itself that the new member can assist with, or seeking out the new members at a Chamber event to make introductions. Whatever form it takes, I encourage our members to continue the tradition of supporting one another.
Thank you to our existing members and to the following businesses and organizations that have joined the Chamber during the second half of the year so far. We are delighted to have your support of our activities and the business community. More importantly, we are delighted to help support you in your endeavors!
- BeaDazzled & Beyond, 6072 Pike St., Parkersburg, WV 26101, 304-489-9191
- Craft House of Parkersburg, 1111 Division St., Parkersburg, WV 26101, 304-424-6005
- Employer’s Innovative Network, 113 Goff Mountain Road, Cross Lanes, WV 25313, 800-408-1173, www.einllc.com
- Eyemart Express, 900 Grand Central Ave., Vienna, WV 26105, 304-699-1147, www.eyemartexpress.com
- Gift Gallery of Vienna, 1515 Grand Central Ave., Vienna, WV 26105, 304-893-9199, www.giftgalleryofvienna.com
- Juxtapose Boutique, 2703 Emerson Ave., Parkersburg, WV 26104, 304-834-1187, www.juxtaposeboutique.com
- Mark E. Snapp & Associates, 815 Bridge Road, Charleston, WV 25314, 877-429-0533, www.enroll-america.com
- McKinley Carter Wealth Services, 515 Market St., Parkersburg, WV 26101, 866-306-2400, www.mckinleycarter.com
- Moe’s Southwest Grill, 900 Grand Central Ave., Suite B, 304-295-8333, www.moes.com
- Mountaineer Power & Fiber Optics, PO Box 5031, Vienna, WV 26105, 304-991-3873, www.mountaineerpowerandfiberoptics.com
- Oil & Gas Museum/Henderson Hall, 119 3rd St., Parkersburg, WV 26101, 304-485-5446, www.oilandgasmuseum.com
- Plainwood Resort Bed and Breakfast, 100 Plainwood Drive, Parkersburg, WV 26104, 304-834-1875, www.plainwoodresortbedandbreakfast.com
- Professional Women’s Association of the MOV, P.O. Box 1062, Parkersburg, WV 26102
- Sophia’s Nail Spa, 216 Gihon Village, Parkersburg, WV 26101, 304-422-7018
- United Talent Staffing Services, 1223 Garfield Ave., Parkersburg, WV 26101, 304-893-5010, www.utalent.com
- Vision Care Associates, 2014 Dudley Ave.,Parkersburg, WV 26101, 304-422-1841, www.wvvisioncare.com
Complete contact information for all Chamber members, including phone, address and website, can be found under the “Member Directory” on the Chamber website at www.movchamber.org.
If your business or organization is interested in joining the Chamber, give us a call. We’d love to share all the benefits of Chamber membership and would be delighted to have you as our special guest at an upcoming event. Check out the New Member Application on our website at www.movchamber.org for detailed information about membership and the value-added benefits of our local Chamber.
- Chamber Public Relations Workshop, Special Guest Kristin Meeks with WV Social Media, Wednesday, Nov. 20, noon, Red Cross meeting room, 220 Eighth St., Parkersburg
Do you tweet? Is your business on Twitter? Don’t have time to manage your social media presence? Kristin Meeks with WV Social Media will educate the attendees on how to get a Twitter account set-up, tips and ideas on how to efficiently post updates and answer any of your questions about these new media options.
Open to all Chamber members. Register on-line at www.movchamber.org. Lunch is $8 at the door (pre-registration required for $8 lunch) or you are welcome to bring your own lunch.
- Chamber Annual Dinner & Awards Banquet, Thursday, Nov. 21, from 4:30 8:30 p.m., The Parkersburg Art Center, 725 Market St., Parkersburg, $50/person or purchase a table for eight, Call 304-422-3588 to place your reservation.
- Chamber office closed for Thanksgiving, Nov. 25-Nov. 29.
- Small Business Saturday, Saturday, Nov. 30. A day to celebrate and support small businesses and all they do for their communities. Please support the local business community by shopping at a small business on this day.
Visit this space every other Sunday for more Chamber news. We also invite you to call us at 304-422-3588, email us at email@example.com, or stop by the Chamber office at 409 1/2 Market St. in Parkersburg.
Jill Parsons is president/CEO of the Chamber of Commerce of the Mid-Ohio Valley