Next Up? Chamber Dinner
Ever wondered about what motivates one of your co-workers? Do you feel like you are generations apart in how you think, how you communicate and how you ultimately come together as a team to complete projects in the workplace? The Chamber of Commerce of the Mid-Ohio Valley will give you the chance to explore “Navigating Generational Differences in the Workplace” at the 2013 Annual Dinner & Awards Banquet.
This year’s annual dinner and awards banquet will be Nov. 21 at the Parkersburg Art Center.The evening will begin at 5 p.m. with a social hour, followed by dinner, our keynote speaker and awards presentations.
After dinner the attendees will be entertained by keynote speaker Gregg Gregory. Gregory is known nationwide for his corporate training programs in the areas of leadership, team building and communication. Gregory’s presentation, entitled “Navigating the Generational Differences in the Workplace,” is known to recharge the batteries of teams, build trust and create a culture where everyone plays nicely in the sandbox.
Following the keynote speaker, we will honor and recognize 10 area businesses and individuals for their accomplishments over the past year in the following categories:
- New Business of the Year
- Curb Appeal / Property Improvement Award
- Community Involvement Award
- Family Owned / Home Based Business of the Year
- Nonprofit Organization of the Year
- Woman / Minority Owned Business of the Year
- Small Business of the Year
- Chamber Volunteer of the Year
- Young Business Leader of the Year
- Business Person of the Year
If you would like to submit a nomination, go to our website at www.movchamber.org and download a nomination form. Self-nominations are also accepted. The deadline for submissions is Oct. 28. Please note the judging panel will give preference to Chamber members in reviewing the nominations. The most current member listing can be found on our website under “Member Directory” if you want to review whether your nominee is a member of our Chamber.
Tickets for the annual dinner are $50 a person and include two drink tickets to use during the social hour or during the dinner, followed by a cash bar. DaVinci’s will once cater the social hour and buffet dinner. Chamber members may also purchase a table of eight. Table pricing varies based on the membership tier, starting at $400 a table.
Sponsorships are also available for members to support the annual dinner. The various levels are:
- Platinum, which includes two tables, for $2,500
- Gold, which includes eight tickets, for $1,000
- Silver, which includes four tickets, for $500
- Bronze, which includes two tickets, for $250
Sponsors to date include The Parkersburg News and Sentinel, First Energy/Mon Power and Hall Financial Services.
The deadline to be a sponsor or make reservations for the annual dinner is Nov. 8. Seating is limited to 300 so we encourage you to make your reservations as soon as possible.
We are looking forward to a fun and entertaining evening at the Chamber’s Annual Dinner & Awards Banquet. You won’t want to miss it.
Upcoming Chamber events:
- October Business After Hours hosted by Pickering Associates, Oct. 25, 5-8 p.m., 11283 Emerson Ave., Parkersburg. Join the team at Pickering Associates for their annual BAH and to celebrate their 25 years in business. Last year’s Chamber annual dinner speaker Rick Olson will be on hand to entertain. Great door prizes, delicious food and a fun outdoor event! Free for Chamber members. Register on-line at www.movchamber.org
- Eyemart Express Grand Opening/Ribbon Cutting, Oct. 28, 11-noon, 900 Grand Central Ave., Vienna. Chamber members are invited to a special event to celebrate the Grand Opening of Eyemart Express’ new office. We are delighted to also welcome Eyemart Express as a new member of the Chamber. Open to all Chamber members.
- Chamber 101, new member orientation conducted by the Chamber Champions, Oct. 30, noon to 1 p.m. at the Chamber office. New members are invited to join us for lunch and a short orientation to the Chamber. Our Chamber Champions are excited to learn more about your organization too. Please RSVP to email@example.com if you are planning to attend.
Visit this space every other Sunday for more Chamber news. We also invite you to call us at 304-422-3588, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the Chamber office at 409 1/2 Market St. in Parkersburg.
Jill Parsons is president/CEO of theChamber of Commerce of the Mid-Ohio Valley