Hope we’re not there yet
While listening to the new rhetoric on the campaign trail, I looked up the following:
“How to create a Socialist State” by Saul Alinsky.
1) Healthcare — Control healthcare and you control the people.
2) Poverty — Increase the poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.
3) Debt — Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty.
4) Gun Control — Remove people’s ability to defend themselves from the government.
5) Welfare — Take control of every aspect of their lives (food, housing, and income).
6) Education — Take control of what people read and listen to.
7) Religion — Remove the belief in God from the government and schools.
8) Class Warfare — Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will create more discontent and it will be easier to tax the wealthy with the support of the poor.