ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports Aug. 8:
* Deputies responded to Beech Street in The Plains for a report of a possible trespasser inside an abandoned trailer. Deputies found the house trailer empty, but it was apparent that someone had been staying in the trailer. The trailer was locked and secured after deputies exited the house.
* Units responded to the Chauncey Post Office in reference to a call of subjects possibly overdosed in a vehicle. Upon arrival the subjects advised they were sleeping in their vehicle due to being homeless. Both subjects were known for narcotic use, officials said. Consent to search the vehicle revealed a syringe in a small metal box. The subjects were advised not to return to U.S. Post Office property.
* A report of a breaking and entering was received from an Archer Road resident via phone. Deputies spoke with the complainant who stated her property in Guysville had been entered. The property is about 1.5 miles off the roadway and not easily accessible. The complainant stated that she had sent someone down with an ATV to take photos of the property.
* Deputies responded to Roy Avenue in The Plains for a threats and harassments complaint. The caller stated his brother and his brother’s friend had recently been threatening him via text. No direct threats of violence were reported but the caller wished to document the events in case the behavior did not stop.
* Deputies took a theft report that had originated in The Plains. The complainant advised that they had rented a unit at a Pine Street storage facility. They stated that someone had cut the lock and stolen all their items. Anyone with information regarding storage unit break-ins is asked to contact the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.
* Deputies spoke with a caller regarding sexual and blackmail threats made over social media. The caller advised they were at work and did not want deputies responding there. The caller advised they would call back to schedule a more appropriate time to speak with deputies about a report.
* Units responded to State Route 550 for a report of an individual lying in the middle of the roadway. Deputies learned that the individual was off their medications and was having severe delusions and was in need of an evaluation. The individual was then taken to O’Bleness Hospital.
* Deputies responded to Walnut Street in Trimble for a dog bite complaint. The caller advised that his daughter was bit by a dog while she was walking home from the store. A report was taken to document injuries and the involved parties’ information. The case was then referred to the Athens County Dog Warden’s Office for further review.
* Deputies received a report of a lost cell phone that was pinging at a residence in Chauncey. Deputies contacted the residents who immediately turned over the cell phone. After deputies determined no theft offense occurred, the phone was placed into evidence, and the owner was notified their phone had been recovered.
* Deputies responded to a North Plains Road business for a shoplifting complaint. Deputies were advised that the unknown suspects were not presently at the store but were believed to be returning. Store employees advised they would call back if the suspects returned or if vehicle information was obtained.
* Deputies responded to Salem Road for a report of theft. The complainant didn’t wish to pursue any charges, but wished for a report to be on file.
* A dark green Honda Accord was reported taken from the Sandstone Terrace Apartments on 691. The incident is under investigation.