MARIETTA — Washington County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on June 7:
* Lt. Hunter completed a private property accident report on Anderson Lane, Waterford. Patricia Few, Watertown, was parked when Orpha V. Jenkins, Chesterhill, backed her vehicle into Few’s vehicle.
* Deputy Zide was patrolling U.S. 50 near Farson Street, Belpre, when he observed a Ford SUV traveling without a visible front registration/license plate. A traffic stop was conducted on the vehicle driven by Laura Ledger, and Arden Richards as a passenger. An odor of raw marijuana was detected and the occupants were asked about the odor, with both occupants denying any marijuana in the vehicle. K9 Rita was taken around the vehicle, giving a positive indication. Both occupants then admitted to having marijuana and a pipe in the vehicle, and both claimed ownership of their respective marijuana and paraphernalia, officials said. Summons will be requested for Arden Hayward Richards, 55, 29385 E. Belpre Pike Road, Coolville, for possession of marijuana and marijuana paraphernalia, and Laura Ann Ledger, 51, same address, for possession of marijuana.
* Deputy Schwendeman responded to Muskingum Township to investigate a trespassing complaint. This case remains under investigation.
* Deputy White along with the Warren and Oak Grove Fire Departments responded to Lang Farm Road in reference to a 2001 Ford F150 truck on fire. This case remains under investigation.
* Deputy Hall responded to Warren Township in reference to a residence being scammed out of money. This case remains under investigation.
* Deputy Carr issued a citation for speed, 74 mph in a 55 mph zone, to William Thompson IV, Whipple.
* Deputy Zide was patrolling U.S. 50 near Farson Street, Belpre, when he observed a Chevy passenger car cross the right hand fog line and remain there for some time before regaining its proper position in the roadway. A traffic stop was conducted with the driver, Chase Kasler, and juvenile(s). An odor of marijuana was detected and Kasler advised he had marijuana and a pipe. A search revealed a small amount of marijuana and two marijuana smoking pipes, admittedly belonging to Kasler. He advised he had just smoked some marijuana, at the last rest stop, officials said. Kasler submitted to field sobriety tests in which he produced indicators of being under the influence of marijuana. Chase Micheal Kasler, 21, 6800 Baker Road, Athens, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, improper lane usage, illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and endangering children.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail June 6 and 7:
* Jordyn Marie Menking, 28, 615 17 St., Parkersburg, for tampering with evidence and theft, and a probation violation.
* Frederick Gale McKitrick, 37, 5850 Ewing Road, Reno, probation violation, a felony.
* Michael Anthony Porter, 35, 483 Echo Valley Road, Waterford, possession of drugs, a felony, and drug paraphernalia, a misdemeanor.
* Misty Louise Caldwell, 41, 3645 Blue Knob Road, Marietta, possession of drugs and tampering with evidence, felonies, and drug paraphernalia, a misdemeanor.
* Matthew Charles Berga, 21, State Route 821, Marietta, contempt of court, a felony.