ATHENS — The Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on June 17:
* Deputies assisted the Ohio State Patrol with a follow up investigation on Lang Road in Nelsonville.
* Deputies responded to State Route 691 in reference to a damaged vehicle. The caller stated he heard the alarm going off on his car and saw a male riding a green dirt bike take off. The same male also entered two other vehicles belonging to a neighbor.
* An Ohio Health Hospice nurse reported medication missing from one of her Simms Road clients. The nurse reported 20 pills missing from a specific medication.
* Deputies conducted a well-being check for a State Route 550 resident. The individual advised that her caregiver, also her daughter, had left days ago and refused to return. Adult Protective Services was involved to possibly helping to find a healthier environment for her to live.
* Deputies were dispatched to East Fourth Street in The Plains for an alleged assault. Both parties were interviewed, and a report was taken from each. This incident is under further investigation.
* Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a walk-in report of a stolen tax return debit card. This case is under investigation.
* Units responded to Rhoric Road for a report of a male cutting down weeds on the complainant’s land. Deputies spoke with the male who stated he was looking for a necklace. The male stated he would stop cutting the weeds. No further action taken.
* Deputies responded to Gun Club Road after receiving information on the possible whereabouts of multiple subjects with warrants. Deputies arrested Dustin Perry, 29, of Athens, who had an active warrant. While arresting Perry, deputies discovered a loaded .22 caliber handgun and a large baggie of suspected meth in his possession. Perry was transported to SEORJ without incident.
* Units responded to Connett Road in The Plains for a report of criminal mischief to a vehicle. Deputies spoke with the complainant who stated his girlfriend’s sister damaged his vehicle by busting the back glass out of his vehicle. Deputies contacted the sister who admitted to doing the damage. The suspect will be issued a summons to court.
* Deputies responded to Vore Ridge Road for a possible burglary. The caller stated they discovered an open window on one of their recently vacated rental properties. They could not make contact with the previous tenant to verify if it was them. On scene, deputies were advised that the window was actually open because an air conditioner had been removed by its owner. The landlord also requested that deputies take some items believed to be drug related.
* Deputies responded to Grass Run Road in New Marshfield for a theft report. The complainant stated someone went through her mailbox and stole an item from a package. This case is pending further investigation.
* Vehicles on State Route 691 were reported entered. The vehicles were unlocked, and numerous items were taken. This incident is under investigation.
* A vehicle was reported entered near Nelsonville on State Route 691. Items were taken from the vehicle which was believed to be unlocked. Incident is under investigation.
* A burglary was reported on North Akron Avenue in Buchtel. The caller reported $25 was taken from his wallet. A report was taken on the incident.
* Deputies responded to Bessemer Road in Buchtel for a reported motor vehicle theft. The caller advised that her Chevy Malibu had been taken between the hours of 9 p.m. and 7 a.m. The suspect left his bicycle in the back yard of the complainant’s house. Touch DNA samples were collected from the bike handles, sent to BCI for testing. The vehicle was located on an access road behind the Nelsonville Prison. Touch DNA samples were also collected from the steering wheel of the vehicle and the shifter knob. This case is currently under investigation. If anyone has information regarding the identity of the suspect, contact the Athens County Sheriff’s Office non-emergency number.
* A report of breaking and entering of two vehicles was taken from a North Akron Avenue residence in Buchtel. Loose change and $6 were taken from one of the vehicles. If anyone has information regarding the identity of the suspect(s), call the Athens County Sheriff’s Office non-emergency number.
* Deputies responded to East Fourth Street in The Plains for a report of a harassment. This case is pending further investigation.
* A protection order violation was reported by Brister Road resident in Coolville. This case is pending further investigation.
* Deputies were called to Connett Road in The Plains for property located in their yard. The property was found to be male and female clothing as well as prescription medication. Deputies attempted to contact the male at the listed address, however, was unable to locate. The medication was taken for destruction and the caller was advised to discard the other items.
* Deputies responded to Fox Lake Road when a caller advised she located a vehicle in the woods that had been burned. Deputies located the vehicle and discovered it was stolen from Meigs County. Meigs County Sheriff’s Office was contacted.
* Deputies responded to East Fourth Street in The Plains regarding a female subject advising her ex-boyfriend had been harassing her since June 15 and would leave prior to deputies’ arrival. The female completed a statement and was referred to the Victim Advocate in reference to obtaining a protection order.
* Deputies responded to a Back Street residence in Millfield in reference to a female under the influence of drugs. Deputies were advised that female had absconded but left a trail of syringes and lighters on the ground. Deputies collected the items and attempted to locate the female at a camper she resides but had negative contact at that time.
* A female contacted the Sheriff’s Office advising that when she retrieved her belongings from the residence she used to live, she discovered items were missing. She advised that she believes her old roommate had taken them. This matter is under investigation.