ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on June 7:
* The Sheriff’s Office arrested Joshua Losey, 31, of Millfield, for an active Athens County warrant. Losey was transported to SEORJ without incident.
* The Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to Basset Road for an inactive theft. Deputies spoke with the complainant and a report was taken. This matter is under investigation.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to Lemaster Road for a burglary report. The caller stated that while he was at work, someone broke into his home and stole a side-by-side UTV and other items. The incident is under further investigation.
* The Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to Chase Road for a reported dispute. While en route, Albany Police Department arrived and detained the suspect. Deputies learned that the suspect had grabbed both parties by the throat. Micky Hudnall, 39, of Albany, was placed under arrest for assault and domestic violence. He was transported to SEORJ.
* The Sheriff’s Office received a report from a complainant stating his son called him at work due to a suspect at their home stealing their zero-turn lawnmower. The vehicle left prior to units arriving on scene; however, the zero-turn was found a short time later over an embankment where it apparently fell out of the suspect vehicle. This case is still under investigation.
* The Sheriff’s Office reports a female came to the Sheriff’s Office reporting that she and her boyfriend had a dispute the prior evening. The female advised that during the argument she had slapped him, and he shoved her. The female did not wish to pursue charges and the male did not come forward to make a statement. The female requested deputies check her residence to make sure the male was not there. The residence was checked with negative contact.
* The Sheriff’s Office observed a resident blowing a large amount of grass into the roadway on State Route 682. One lane was completely covered in a curve making the roadway dangerous, especially for motorcycles. The resident was provided traffic control while he used his mower to blow the grass off the roadway.
* The Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to State Route 691 for a burglary complaint. Once on scene deputies discovered no entry was made. A report was taken, and deputies returned to patrol.
* The Sheriff’s Office was on patrol in The Plains when they were approached by an individual in reference to passing bad checks. This case is pending further investigation.