ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on May 31:
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to Mill Street in Chauncey regarding a loose dog running the neighborhood and making noise. The animal was located and not found to be vicious or aggressive. Deputies were advised the owner was out of town, and the dog had escaped from the residence and would not let anyone close enough to capture it. Deputies to refer to dog warden for followup.
* The Sheriff’s Office took a report of drug paraphernalia found by cleaning crew inside an abandoned home on Main Street in Amesville. Deputies determined that individuals had been living inside the residence due to several mattresses, clothing and drug paraphernalia found. The paraphernalia was collected and placed into evidence for destruction.
* The Sheriff’s Office received a walk-in domestic violence report. Deputies spoke with the complainant claiming her live-in boyfriend had assaulted her. Deputies observed physical injuries to the victim. Joseph Krivesti Jr., 49, of Athens, was located and placed under arrest for domestic violence. Krivesti was transported to SEORJ without incident.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to Valero in The Plains for a harassment complaint. The complainant stated she met a person earlier in the day, but decided she wanted no further contact with him. He continued to text her throughout the day as shown by text message conversations that were documented. Deputies contacted the male subject when he happened to appear to the scene. He was advised not to have any further contact with the complainant.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to High Street in Chauncey for a report of theft. The complainant stated a male had stolen her wallet from her vehicle. This case is pending further investigation.