ATHENS, Ohio — The Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports May 30:
* During a patrol in Buchtel due to numerous thefts, deputies noticed a suspicious person several streets away but were unable to locate the person once on scene. Additional units were requested, and the area was searched on foot. Nelsonville Police also assisted, but the individual was not located.
* Deputies were dispatched to Ackley Road in Coolville in reference to a female subject talking to herself and screaming in the middle of the road. She told deputies she had revoked her given name and wanted to be referred to as “Number 55.” Displaying signs of methamphetamine use, the woman was taken to O’Bleness Hospital for a medical and mental evaluation.
* Deputies received a report from Arcadia Nursing Home in reference to two gallons of gasoline being stolen.
* Deputies received a report of an assault from a Coolville resident. The matter is under investigation.
* Deputies responded to the Nelsonville area, where a caller advised she had located syringes on her property. The woman stated a friend of her son had left a bag of used syringes on her porch, and while collecting them she was accidentally stuck by one. ACEMS responded to the scene and evaluated the female. She was then transported to O’Bleness Hospital by a family member. The syringes were collected and logged into evidence.
* Deputies responded to Chauncey after a female reported that two juveniles were harming her dogs. She advised she was not home, but wanted to be sure the juveniles were not on her property. A deputy responded and located both dogs on the property; the juveniles were not there.
* A caller to the sheriff’s office said a woman had contacted his business and made comments about an associate that he determined to be a serious threat. Deputies met with involved parties and family members and determined that a history of mental health concerns was present. The subject was then seen by their current mental health professional who advised that they were monitoring the situation.
* Deputies responded to the Stewart area for a complaint of juveniles causing damage to property. Contact was made with the involved parties, and the matter is under investigation.
* Deputies responded to a location near Hebbardsville and Meadowbrook Road near Albany for a possible overdose. Prior to arrival, EMS removed the subject. Deputies arrived on scene and spoke with parties who only knew the subject’s first name.