ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on May 22:
* The Criminal Interdiction Unit made contact with a vehicle off the roadway in Millfield. Deputies approached the occupants and learned one person had active warrants for her arrest. Consent was gained to search the vehicle and a substance suspected to be heroin was located. The evidence was collected and sent to BCI for analysis. The female was taken into custody and charges for possession of controlled substance will be requested pending BCI lab results.
* The Criminal Interdiction Unit conducted a traffic stop on State Route 13 near Taylor Ridge Road, after observing a driver who was currently suspended. Deputies made contact with the driver and passengers and observed criminal behaviors. K-9 Bora was deployed and indicated on the vehicle. Deputies recovered items associated with methamphetamine use and seized those items for further lab testing. A valid driver drove the vehicle away and additional charges are expected pending lab results.
* The Criminal Interdiction Unit initiated a traffic stop on State Route 13 in Jacksonville for a moving violation. Deputies deployed K-9 Bora who indicated on the vehicle. Items suspected with the use of methamphetamine were located and seized to be sent to a lab; additional charges are expected.
ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on May 23:
* The Criminal Interdiction Unit conducted a traffic stop for an equipment violation on Columbus Road. Deputies detected an odor of marijuana as they approached the vehicle. Michael Tolliver, 35, of Chauncey, and Amber Drake, 31, of Chauncey, were identified and were showing active warrants for their arrest. Tolliver was arrested and upon a search of his person, yielded items suspected as Suboxone in a pants pocket. A search was conducted on the vehicle, and an amount of marijuana was located and seized. Due to lack of female jail space, Drake provided an up-to-date address to Muskingum County and was released. Additional charges are suspected pending lab results.
* The Sheriff’s Office took a theft report from a Gun Club Road resident. The victim advised a vehicle entered their property when they were not home and took a gas can. A neighbor witnessed the vehicle pull in but could not obtain a license plate number.
* The Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to the New Marshfield Cemetery on Old State Route 56 for a report of damage to a building.
* The Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to Grand Street in Hockingport for a harassment complaint. Deputies spoke to the complainant and contacted the suspect, advising him to refrain from further contact with the complainant.
* The Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to an apartment on State Route 691 in Nelsonville regarding drug paraphernalia found in a vacated apartment. The items were collected and will be entered into evidence for destruction.
* The Sheriff’s Office reported a male subject contacted the Sheriff’s Office advising a female and her son trespassed on his property instigating a verbal dispute. The caller advised he did not want them to return to his property. Both subjects were served a trespass complaint for the property and advised that if they returned, they would be criminally charged.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to Allison Road for a distress call. The caller advised that she was at a friend’s house when she was accused of stealing from them. She then fled into the woods to avoid further accusations and became lost. She called 911 and was transported to O’Bleness Memorial Hospital for injuries sustained while running into the woods barefoot. The incident is under further review.