ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on May 7:
* The Sheriff’s Office returned to a residence on North Plains Road in reference to a domestic dispute. An attempted arrangement of parties remaining under the same roof, remaining separate within the residence failed. After police exhausted all options, the male subject was arrested for disorderly conduct by intoxication and transported to the SEORJ without incident.
* The Sheriff’s Office received confirmation from Glouster Police that Michael Jago Jr., 35, of Logan was arrested as a result of an active Athens County warrant. Jago was transported to the SEORJ without incident.
* The Sheriff’s Office received a request to assist Athens County Children’s Services with a Brimstone Road home visit in Coolville. Due to legal issues and menacing statements, the mother was asked and agreed to leave the residence so ACCS personnel would not have to remove the children.
* The Sheriff’s Office took a report of phone harassment from an Armitage Road resident. The complainant advised he was called three times within a 30-minute period by a male subject recently removed from an organization he leads. Deputies attempted to contact the suspect; however, the phone had been disconnected when attempts were made. This case is still under investigation.
* The Sheriff’s Office took a theft report from State Route 124 in Hockingport. Deputies spoke to the complainant advising their boat dock had been stolen from their property. The complainant advised the dock was out of the water the last time they had seen it, approximately 10 days prior.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to a Circle Drive residence in Guysville for a reported burglary. Evidence was taken from the scene and will be under further investigation.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to New Marshfield Road for a report of a suicide attempt. Deputies spoke with the complainant stating her son attempted to cut his wrist with scissors. Deputies spoke with the son who was very upset and transported him to O’Bleness Memorial Hospital for an evaluation.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to Wemmer Road in Glouster for a report of mail missing from their mailbox. Two subjects were spotted taking mail out of a mailbox and fled the scene toward Jacksonville. Deputies patrolled the area for the subjects without contact. The complainant wanted this documented for possible further issues.
* The Sheriff’s Office acted on information obtained from an investigation to locate multiple stolen items from multiple counties. Deputies arrived at a Main Street residence in Coolville and made contact with the property owner who gave consent to search the property. Throughout the search, stolen property was located connected to multiple cases in Athens and Meigs counties. The items were collected as evidence and the property owners were notified. These cases will be presented to a grand jury, and criminal charges are pending.
* The Sheriff’s Office took a scam report. The complainant reported sending money via Amazon Cards as a deposit on a residence listed for sale on Craigslist. The seller listed is not the actual owner of the residence.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to Washington Road in Albany for a property damage report. The complainant stated that a neighbor had an accident with a Bobcat on his property and water was coming into his property. Deputies spoke with the neighbor who stated he would fix the issue. The complainant was satisfied with the solution. No further action taken.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to South Seventh Street in Jacksonville for a report of an inactive domestic dispute having occurred on May 5. This case is pending further investigation.
ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on May 8:
* The Sheriff’s Office received a call from a Vore Ridge Road resident reporting a threat of assault. A report was taken.
* The Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to an East First Street residence in The Plains regarding a bag of pills found on the sidewalk. Deputies found the small bag on the sidewalk between the residence and the garage. The pills had gotten wet and were beginning to dissolve, making them unidentifiable. Deputies collected the bag to be destroyed.
* The Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to the Athens Messenger, 9300 Johnson Road, regarding a motorcycle lying on its side near the entrance sign. The motorcycle was located and discovered to be reported stolen from an Athens resident. The bike was recovered, and the Athens Police Department is investigating.
* The Sheriff’s Office received a complaint regarding a possible theft of trees taken from property on Millfield Road. The complainant reported several trees removed near the property line. An investigation is pending.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to Osborne Road in Coolville for a dispute between neighbors. The caller advised her cat was missing and neighbors told her that they saw another neighbor shooting a bb gun earlier in the day. Deputies spoke with the neighbor who stated he was shooting at birds trying to build nests around his house. The complainant was advised to call back if new information was brought to her attention.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to a State Route 56 residence for a burglary report. The caller stated someone made entry into his home while at work and stole property. The incident is under investigation.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to Canaanville Road for a neighbor dispute. The caller advised his neighbor was driving recklessly down their shared driveway where children play. The neighbor in question was not at the home when deputies arrived. The complainant requested additional patrols of the area and advised he would attempt to document future behavior.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to Vore Ridge Road regarding tools found in his truck that did not belong to him. The complainant stated he found a drill and a sawzall in the bed of his truck that may have been stashed while he was out running errands. Deputies documented the tools in case they could be tied to a crime. If anyone may identify the tools, contact Deputy Wright at the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to McDonald’s in The Plains regarding counterfeit money. The counterfeit bills were collected as evidence and statements were obtained. This case is under investigation.