ATHENS –Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on April 25:
* The Sheriff’s Office received a report from a Frost Road residence in Coolville that the home was entered and several items, including a small boat, were taken. The incident is under investigation.
* The Sheriff’s Office attempted a request of notification for a McDougal Road resident on behalf of the Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office. Deputies were unable to contact anyone at the residence.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to Zion Road in Shade where an individual reported a theft of an axle from his property.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to a theft report from Hogue Hollow Road in Guysville. Neighbors reported lawn mower parts were taken from a vacant residence next door.
* The Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to Converse Street in Chauncey for a trespass complaint. Deputies spoke to the complainant and patrolled the area for the trespasser, but were unable to make contact.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to Trout Road in Albany for a report of theft. The complainant advised a radio on his 2003 Harley-Davidson had been taken over the past few days.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to May Avenue in Chauncey for a report of trespassers. The complainant stated two occupants in a red car were going door to door asking citizens to switch to their utility company. The complainant stated he threatened to call law enforcement and they fled the area. Deputies performed a patrol unable to locate the suspects.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to a Lemaster Road residence after the caller advised an unknown male walked into her home. The area was patrolled with negative contact.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to Crabtree Road in Albany for a report of children throwing rocks at a vehicle. Upon contact, the caller advised she wanted the children to be talked to about the incident. Contact was made with the children and their father who were advised of the issue.