ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on April 18:
* The Criminal Interdiction Unit approached a disabled vehicle on Poston Salem Road. Upon speaking with the occupants, it was found that the driver, Jason Leach, 34, of Glouster, had an active warrant for his arrest. He was taken into custody and transported to the SEORJ. An additional occupant inside the vehicle was found to be in possession of suspected methamphetamine. Additional charges are expected.
* The Sheriff’s Office tagged an abandoned vehicle parked along State Route 691 for the past five days. A wrecker will be dispatched to remove said vehicle.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to Liars Corner in Millfield for an animal at large complaint. Deputies arrived on scene locating the K9 having no collar or tags. The K9 was collected and transported to the dog shelter.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to East Fifth Street in The Plains for a report of theft. This matter remains under investigation.
* The Sheriff’s Office was on patrol when it came in contact with Carolyn Slater, 52, of Athens having active warrants for her arrest. Slater was transported to the SEORJ without incident.
* The Sheriff’s Office approached a parked vehicle on private property. After confirming the occupant’s information, deputies discovered Heidi Thomas, 27, of Chauncey, had active warrants for her arrest. During a probable cause search, items were located that will be sent to BCI for testing. Pending the results, the case will be submitted to a grand jury requesting additional narcotic related charges for Thomas and two additional occupants.
* The Sheriff’s Office took a report of a stolen vehicle. A red 1994 Chevrolet S10 with a matching topper was taken from State Route 550 where it had been left due to a flat tire. This case is under investigation.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to Sand Ridge Road in Guysville for a report of an assault. Deputies spoke with the victim who did not wish to pursue criminal charges at this time. This case will be documented. No further action taken.