ATHENS — The Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports April 16:
* The Sheriff’s Office received confirmation from Athens Police Department they had arrested Michael Anthony Miller, 29, of Nelsonville. Miller had multiple active warrants for his arrest and deputies transported him to the SEORJ without incident.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to an Ohio Avenue residence in Buchtel regarding a subject in crisis. The subject was transported to O’Bleness Memorial Hospital for an evaluation and care.
* The Sheriff’s Office responded to Buchtel Food Mart regarding two windows being broken during early morning hours. An employee recognized a (frequently disorderly) patron on the security footage. After an investigation, dispatch advised deputies the subject had been taken to O’Bleness Memorial Hospital for a medical evaluation 20 minutes after the window was broken. Deputies made contact with the suspect and he admitted to breaking the windows in an attempt to set off the alarm due to being chased by spirits, orbs and pixies, officials said. The subject admitted to being under the influence of methamphetamines. The suspect was charged with criminal damaging.
* The Sheriff’s Office received a report from a Mush Run Road resident of damage to a gate. The caller reported someone had hit the gate with a car sometime in the night.
* The Sheriff’s Office reported Michael Travis, 20, of Coolville turned himself in for a Washington County warrant. Travis was transported to the Washington County line for an arranged pick-up.
* The Sheriff’s Office took a report of a theft of hunting gear and subwoofers from a vehicle on West Wilson Street in New Marshfield. This case is under investigation.