MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on March 19:
* James Luther Carney Jr., 66, was placed under arrest for two counts of disorderly conduct and was transported to the Washington County Jail for processing. Joseph Gilgien, 56, was charged with one count of disorderly conduct. While at the scene Kelvin Lee Gilgien, 54, 16 Champion Ave., Columbus, was found to have active warrants in Miami County and Fairfield County. Gilgien was placed under arrest on those charges.
* Lt. Augenstein along with other deputies responded to Wesley Township in reference to a possible assault. This case remains under investigation.
* Deputy Zide and Lt. Hornbeck responded to Tennis Center Drive, Marietta, to a report of Alisha Hubbard being assaulted by her husband, Thomas W. Hubbard. Alisha states Thomas showed up and began yelling at her, demanding her cell phone. Alisha refused to turn over her phone at which time Thomas smashed it on the ground. Thomas then became physical with Alisha. Thomas had left the area prior to law enforcement arriving. A warrant is being requested for Thomas Walter Hubbard, 34, LKA: 200 Lawton Road, Marietta, on a charge of domestic violence.
* Deputies Hill and Hall responded to Praxair Inc., Blue Knob Road, Marietta, to a report of a semi truck on fire. The Warren Township Volunteer Fire Department was also called to the scene.
The following subjects were recently sentenced in Washington County Common Pleas Court:
* Keith Allen Joy, 52, aggravated possession of drugs, fifth degree felony, trafficking in drugs and carrying a concealed weapon, fourth degree felonies, and having weapons while under disability, a third degree felony; 30 months prison, concurrent with W.Va. prison sentence.
* Michael Ray Atkinson, 37, burglary, third degree felony, and theft, fifth degree felony; 42 months Orient.
* James Edward Rust, 31, possession of drugs, fifth degree felony; 45 days County Jail.