MARIETTA — Washington County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on Feb. 8.
* While Deputy Tornes was at Humane Society of Ohio Valley, Mount Tom Road, she was advised that a vehicle driven by Travis Drake had just struck a parked vehicle in the lot and drove off. Attempted contact with Drake met with negative results. Drake later returned a call to Deputy Tornes and was asked about the incident at HSOV. Drake was advised to meet with Deputy Tornes in order to get the information needed for the other vehicle owner; however, Drake failed to do so. A summons is being requested for Travis Drake, 41, 222 Valley Mills Circle, Parkersburg, for failing to stop after a private property crash.
* Deputy H. Tornes requested a summons be issued for Michael Smith, 715 Barclay Street, Lot 32, Belpre, for cruelty to companion animals. On Jan. 31 Tornes received notification of two stray dogs that were found running in and out of traffic in the Belpre area. These dogs were taken to HSOV and were photographed and posted on social media asking for the community to assist in identifying the owners. Notification was made to Tornes that the individual who had found the dogs running in and out of traffic was indeed the owner of the dogs. After investigating the case further, Tornes met with Smith who denied owning the dogs, stating he had the dogs in his possession for less than a 25 hour period. Smith became irate that subjects were stating that he owned the dogs. It was determined after the investigation was conducted that Smith would be summoned into court.
The following warrants were recently processed at the Washington County Sheriff’s Office:
* Krala Kataya McElroy, 285 N. Gould Street, Bexley, Ohio, probation violation, on trafficking in drugs charge.
* Trinity Lauren Buck, 17184 Muskingum River Road, Waterford, receiving stolen property.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail Feb. 7 and 8:
* Sonny Carlos Love, 37, 9550 State Route 550, Vincent, probation violation, two counts failure to register as a sex offender change of address, failure to comply and OVI, all felonies, driving under OVI suspension and contempt of court, both misdemeanors.
* Robert Charles Ruble, 24, 100 King Ave., Cutler, Ohio, domestic violence, two counts, breach of recognizance and disorderly conduct, all misdemeanors.
* Willie Hays Nash III, 38, 202 S Buffalo St., Cadiz, Ohio, driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs, 3 counts, driving under suspension, marked lanes, and driving under OVI suspension, all misdemeanors.
* Larry Clark Shaffer, 50, 634 South Eighth St., Cambridge, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Michael Douglas Kenney Jr., 46, 2605 Keffer Road, Stockport, Ohio, theft and criminal simulation, misdemeanors.
* Arden Randoll Stewart, 26, Third Street, Belpre, contempt of court, a misdemeanor.
* Robert Gregory Price, 46, 240 Hillcrest Drive, Marietta, theft, a misdemeanor.