ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following report on Feb. 13.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to a Canaanville Road residence regarding a report of a theft. Deputies responded and took a report.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a McAfee Road residence for a report of theft. Deputies contacted the complainant who advised he had multiple brass fittings stolen from his oil tank. The case is under further investigation.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Bean Road in The Plains for a report of a burglary. Deputies contacted the complainant who advised she came home and observed her front door open. Multiple items were taken, including electronics and other items. This case is pending further investigation.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Meadowbrook Road for an attempted burglary report. Contact was made with the complainant, and evidence was located indicating a forced entry attempt had occurred. This matter is under investigation.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to Mill Street in Chauncey for a report of drug paraphernalia that was located. Deputies arrived and collected the items.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Blair Road in Coolville for a report of an active dispute. Deputies spoke with the complainant who advised her husband had cut a tire on her vehicle. She also stated to deputies that her husband threatened to kill her and burn their house down. Deputies found probable cause for domestic violence. Deputies arrested Brian Barringer, 32, of Coolville, for domestic violence and transported him to SEORJ.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a report of an overdose on prescription medication. The subject had taken an unknown number of hydrocodone tablets and called 911 to request assistance. The subject was transported by EMS to OMH for treatment.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Fossil Rock Road for a report of an assault. The caller stated that her sister-in-law came to her house and physically assaulted her over a family issue. The issue is under further investigation pending contact and a statement from the alleged suspect.