ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on Jan. 31.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received information about a canine outside a residence in Millfield. The caller reported the canine had no bedding. Deputies confirmed the canine had shelter with straw and appeared to be in good health. ACSO suggested that more bedding be added, due to the cold and the canine’s water was filled. No further action taken.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office made contact with Jacob Puckett, 25, of Guysville. Puckett was arrested pursuant to an active warrant and transported to the SEORJ without incident.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was contacted in reference to a canine outside a residence in Glouster. Deputies observed that the canine did have shelter but advised that with the extreme weather, extra care should be paid to the canine. Deputies advised the warden of the situation.
ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports on Feb. 1.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was advised of a suspicious black truck that appears to be following a person on random occasions and wanted a report on file. The complainant said they do not know who it is, nor the license plate number. A report was taken, and the case is under investigation.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle on Rowley Lane in Coolville. Deputies located the vehicle, checked the registration but were unable to make contact with the vehicle owner. The vehicle appeared to be broken down and was safely parked beside the roadway.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a report of theft from a motor vehicle in the North Plains Road area. Numerous items including tools were taken from the vehicle. A report was taken on the incident and it is under investigation.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office took a private property crash report from the parking lot of Athens County Job and Family Services. Drivers exchanged vehicle insurance information and a report was taken by the deputy.