ATHENS — Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on Jan. 9.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a theft of medication in The Plains area. The complainant stated medication was missing from his bottle.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office recovered a stolen vehicle on Beckler Road in New Marshfield. The suspect, Bryan Gambrel, 31, was located with this vehicle and arrested for unauthorized use.
* A resident of Blackwood Road in Guysville reported that two pistols were stolen from their vehicle. This incident is under investigation.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office took a report of a stolen ATV from Five Points Road in New Marshfield. The ATV is black, gray and yellow with camo wheels. No make or model was given. Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call the Sheriff ‘s Office at 740-593-6633.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a theft of a K9 in the Albany area. The K9 was located and returned to the owner. It was determined that the K9 was not stolen and the owner was warned for animal at large.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office took a report of a private property crash on West Wilson Road in Athens. Deputies spoke with the complainant, who advised a female hit his car and left without providing insurance information. Deputies contacted the female who provided the information. No further action requested.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office took a report by phone in reference to a vehicle break-in that occurred between Saturday and Sunday. A unit of pepper spray was taken from the vehicle.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to Happy Valley Estates for a report of residents tampering with a cable box. Upon arrival, deputies spoke with the suspects who stated that their cable was shut off and attempted to try and fix it. No damage was done to the cable box and the residents were advised to call their cable company and not attempt to solve the issue themselves.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office took a report by phone in reference to a theft report. Deputies were advised that a 4×6 Lawn trailer was stolen along with a tractor plow from Millfield Road.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office took a report by phone in reference to a trespassing issue on Skeels Road in Coolville. Deputies were advised that a previous tenant who had recently been evicted came back onto the property and trespassed. Deputies obtained a statement from the complainant and this case remains active.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Sixth Street in Jacksonville in reference to a threats and harassment complaint. Contact was made with the victim who stated that he was being threatened/stalked/harassed by an unidentified individual. The victim said the suspect was savvy with complex computer operations and able to gather, use and manipulate information accessed online. The victim was advised that he could terminate old accounts, which should stop unidentified individuals from contacting him.