MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports Sept. 10:
* On Sept. 4, Deputy Zide was on routine patrol in Aurelius Township and conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle driven by Brian Bates. Bates continued driving before finally coming to a stop stating he was going to return the vehicle to a friend. Bates was checked for warrants, finding felony warrants for domestic violence, two counts, and TPO violation. Brian Daniel Bates, 42, homeless, was transported to the Washington County Jail on the warrants and issued a citation for failure to comply and marked lanes.
* On Sept. 5, Deputy Metts met with Reno Wash Tub personnel who reported clothing removed from the laundry facility by unknown subjects. This case remains under investigation.
* On Sept. 5, Deputy Parks was dispatched to Warrior Drive, Vincent, to a property line dispute. It was reported that Gary Vanwey had put up a fence on the property line without the property being surveyed properly. Deputy Parks met with Vanwey who produced documentation of a survey being conducted at that location, which was confirmed through the Tax Map Office. The caller was advised and satisfied with the information. Deputy Parks was again dispatched to the location as Eric C. Anderson was on Vanwey’s porch and had broken a door by beating on it. Contact was made with Vanwey who stated Anderson had been observed removing fence posts that were set today, as well as displacing several other posts before coming to his home and beating on the door.
Anderson called Vanwey and his daughter many vulgar names in which they engaged in a verbal argument with Anderson. Witnesses contacted verified Anderson damaging the posts and beating on the door. The Washington County Sheriff’s Office had been called to the location previously in which Vanwey was given advice on how to handle the property line situation, which he did. The Vanweys had asked Anderson to vacate the property numerous times before he finally left. A warrant is being requested through Marietta Municipal Court on a charge of menacing by stalking, aggravated trespassing and criminal damaging against Eric C. Anderson, 50, 900 Tresch Road, Fleming.
* On Sept. 6, Theron C. McLaughlin, of 70 White Oak Street, Vincent, reported his apartment entered. This case remains under investigation.
* On Sept. 7, Deputy Carr responded to Cisler Ridge Road, New Matamoras, to a report of Shane Carpenter’s trailer being burned to the ground. This case remains under investigation.
* On Sept. 8, Deputy Zide and Lt. Gherke responded to 5461 State Route 821, Whipple, to Nathaniel Vannoy being assaulted by his son, Ethan Vannoy. Both subjects advised they were involved in a verbal altercation which turned physical. It was determined that Ethan initiated the violence. Ethan Alexander Vannoy, 19, was placed under arrest and transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
The following subjects were recently sentenced in Washington County Common Pleas Court:
* Nathan Andrew Mercer, 41, 124 Madison Avenue, Cape Canavaral, Fla., OVI, two counts, driving under suspension, driving left of center, failure to appear, 8 months Orient.
* Stephanie Larraine Wright, 34, trafficking in drugs, 60 days Star Program.
* Jessica Lee Carpenter, 42, 1705 Rayon Drive, Parkersburg, grand theft, 180 days county jail.
* Ashley Marie Holdren, 50755 SR 248, Longbottom, theft, 70 days, and failure to appear, 180 days county jail and restitution.
* Matthew Scott Taylor, 22, 332 Grant Street, Middleport, probation violation from a breaking and entering, 60 days county jail.
* Frederick Gale McKitrick, 36, homeless, domestic violence, possession of controlled substance and failure to appear, 120 days Star Program and county jail.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail between Friday and Monday:
* Jason Allen Jobe, 44, 104 1/2 North Elk Street, Gassaway, W.Va., for possessing drug abuse instruments, a misdemeanor.
* Heather Lee Wagner, 43, 114 Knox Street, Apt. 11, Marietta, for theft, a misdemeanor.
* Lucas William Wharton, 39, 1318 R. North Street, Caldwell, for possession of drugs, a felony, and possessing drug abuse instruments and drug paraphernalia, both misdemeanors.
* Laurie Jo Kehl, 63, 116 Elm Street, P.O. Box 596, Beverly, for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* John Michael Milby, 29, 717 Greene Street, Marietta, for theft, a misdemeanor.
* Jeffrey Dwayne Smith, 23, 213 1/2 Elm Street, Marietta, for possession of drugs, a felony.
* Ethan Alexander Vannoy, 19, Whipple, for domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* Twila Jean Martin, 43, homeless, for OVI alcohol, a felony, and traffic signals, a misdemeanor.
* John David Fleming, 43, 1508 Glendale Road, Marietta, for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Roger Lee Dye, 69, Marietta, for two counts of domestic violence, both misdemeanors.
* Alyssa Monique Hill, 24, homeless, for no operator’s license and speed, both misdemeanors.
* Christopher Neil Mayle, 39, 11722 SR 55, Cutler, for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
MARIETTA — Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on Sept. 11.
* Deputy Hall met with James Lafley, 55 Teri Lane, Little Hocking, regarding a stolen golf cart. This case remains under investigation.
* Lt. Hunter along with the Newport Volunteer Fire Department Squad responded to the scene of a deceased male subject.
* Deputy Schwendeman responded to 21 Clifton Road, Little Hocking, to Stow It Self Storage Units. It was reported that locks had been cut off of buildings. This case remains under investigation.
* Lt. Augenstein met with Patti Bauerbach, Pennock Street, Beverly, in reference to damage to her vehicle. This case remains under investigation.
* Lt. Hornbeck responded to Belpre to a domestic violence incident. The victim stated that an argument escalated and the suspect grabbed a hammer and threatened to hit him with it. Videos of the incident were viewed by officers. Kristi Michelle Merew, 38, was placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
* Sgt. Parks responded to a domestic violence incident in Stockport, Ohio. The victim states on the night of Sept. 9, while at the residence, David Lee Burt, 55, was intoxicated and hit, kicked and shoved her. The next morning Burt was still intoxicated and punched a woman in the left eye and kicked her again. Deputies went to 2920 Creek Road and met with Burt. Burt denied hitting or striking the victim, stating she got drunk and fell over lawn fixtures. Burt was placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
* Deputy Carr along with the Reno Volunteer Fire Department responded to Marietta Transfer to an unresponsive male subject.
* Lt. Hornbeck responded to 2460 Sealy Ridge Road, Vincent, Ohio, to a report from Michael Lamp that he was being chased by people hiding in the woods. Lt. Hornbeck observed Christopher Griffin on the roof of the residence squatted down with a machete lying beside him. Griffin was ordered down from the roof and once on the ground was found to have a spring assisted automatic opening knife on his person. Deputies responded earlier to the same type of call from Griffin. It was determined that the name Michael Lamp was a fake name and the second call was also from Christopher Corey Griffin. Griffin, 34, homeless, was placed under arrest on a charge of carrying a concealed weapon and making false alarms, both misdemeanors. Griffin was transported to the Washington County Jail for processing.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail Sept. 10 and 11 on charges:
* Crystal Elaine Jeffers, 44, homeless, failure to appear warrant, felony.
* Crystal Leann Slonaker, 32, 817 Grandview Ave., New Matamoras, possession of drug abuse instruments and possession of a controlled substance, misdemeanors, and trafficking in drugs, a felony.
* Arron Eugene Lasure, 38, 817 Grandview Ave., New Matamoras, possession of drug abuse instruments, misdemeanor, and trafficking in drugs, a felony.
* Mary Ann Sidel, 52, 817 Grandview Ave., New Matamoras, permitting drug abuse, a felony.
* Jason Homer Malone, 40, 6615 Cleveland Road, Lot E3, Ravenna, Ohio, non-support of dependents and probation violation (Portage County), a felony.
* Lisa Michelle Shaffer, 39, 2880 Sunnyside Road, Pennsboro, W.Va., possession of drug instruments, a misdemeanor.
* Kristi Michelle Merew, 38, 10440 Veto Road, Belpre, domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* Christopher Corey Griffin, 34, homeless, carrying a concealed weapon and making false alarms, both misdemeanors.
MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports on Sept. 12.
* Deputy Hall responded to Grandview Township in reference to a trespassing complaint. This case remains under investigation.
* Kevin Jason Tucker, 39, 2668 Barnett Ridge Road, Fleming, Ohio, was located and placed under arrest for two counts of domestic violence.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail Sept. 11 and 12 on charges:
* David Lee Burt, 55, domestic violence.
* Erin Lynn Clinger, 44, domestic violence, misconduct at an emergency and resisting arrest.
* Michelle Lynn Snider, 47, 1314 Glendale Road, Marietta, probation violation.
* Michael James Farnsworth, 29, domestic violence.
* Lorena Ann Smith, 40, 1154 Patten Mills Road, Cutler, Ohio, contempt of court and breach of recognizance.
* Nelson Douglas Lewis, 51, 108 Berry Lane, Marietta, breach of recognizance and aggravated menacing.
* Jodi Lynn Cain, 34, 16687 Crooked Tree Road, Dexter City, Ohio, probation violation.
* Anthony Wayne Fletcher, 32, 240 Hillcrest Drive, Marietta, probation violation.