ATHENS, Ohio — The Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following report Aug. 14:
* On Aug. 13, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to the Stewart area in regard to a small child running around unattended. Neighbors picked the child up and kept the child at their residence until deputies arrived. This was the second reported incident in a week of the same child running around unattended while the mother was sleeping. The mother was charged with endangering children and summoned into court. Athens County Children’s Services removed three children from the residence at that time.
ATHENS, Ohio — On Aug. 16, the Athens County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports:
*The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Sixth Street in Jacksonville for a report of criminal mischief. The complainant said she found busted fruit on her front porch that had been thrown against the house. Deputies investigated the area and found several more pieces thrown against the house. There was no damage to the structure. Deputies canvassed the area and were not able to find any witnesses. At this time, the case was closed pending any further investigative information.
* A female reported the father of her son failed to return their son after his scheduled visitation. Contact was made with the father who advised that after the mother had the son for vacation for a week last week and so the agreement had been reached that he could have their son this week. The father said he would go directly with the mother to avoid further issues and return the son despite their agreement.
ATHENS, Ohio — The Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports Aug. 17:
* On Aug. 16, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office was in court when they were advised of a male that had active warrants out for his arrest. Deputies confirmed the warrant. Deputies arrested Brandon Mayle, 32, of Stewart, who had active warrants out of Washington County. Deputies transported him to the county line.
* On Aug. 16, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office was called to the Matheny Road, Nelsonville area in reference to a well-being check that was called in. Upon arrival Deputies made contact with the female subject who the well-being check was called in for. While on scene the female advised that a Jimmy Barnhart was asleep in the back bedroom and had active warrants for breaking and entering and possession of heroin. Barnhart was placed under arrest and transported to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail. No further actions.
* On Aug. 16, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Carl Drive for a report of a vehicle break in. Deputies were advised that a window had been broken and a large amount of money stolen. Deputies arrived on scene and observed the damage to the vehicle, photographed the area, and collected DNA for the report. At this time, the case remains active pending lab results.
* On Aug. 16, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to State Route 13 for a report of a breaking and entering complaint. Deputies arrived and observed damage to several doors on the outside of the business damaged. Deputies cleared the business to check for any persons inside injured or any suspects. No contact was made with any persons, however, several items appeared to be damaged or removed. Photographs were taken, and the property owners were attempted to be contacted.