MARIETTA — On July 25 the Washington County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports:
* Deputy Hall met with Dena and Seth Jones, 1125 Mitchells Lane, Marietta, in reference to a burglary at their home. Numerous items of value were removed. This case remains under investigation.
* Sgt. Kelly McGilton filed for a summons for animal cruelty against Rose Hanes, 760 Greene St., Marietta. Hanes owned a Labrador mixed breed dog that was just over a year old. Hanes also owns chickens at her residence. Information received was Hanes struck the dog killing it after finding it killed her chickens. Sgt. McGilton attempted to locate where the dog was buried; however, McGilton did locate the dog alive.
* Sgt. Holbert was dispatched to 18155 Ohio 550, Marietta, for a domestic dispute report involving a firearm. Holbert said there was an incident with Clarence M. Francis, 4170 Sugar Run Road, Marietta, and Michael Scoggan. Scoggan had discharged a firearm during an altercation to scare Francis from taking the children. Scoggan told deputies he possessed a concealed carry permit, admitted to discharging his handgun across the roadway toward the rear of Francis’ vehicle in an attempt to make him stop. Scoggan said he did not discharge the handgun directly at the vehicle, knowing there were two children inside. Francis reported hearing the gun discharge and did fear for his safety. Michael Duane Scoggan, 33, 18155 Ohio 550, Marietta, was placed under arrest and charged with aggravated menacing and discharging a firearm on/or near prohibited premises. Scoggan was transported to the Washington County Jail.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail Tuesday and Wednesday:
* Leearl Maurice Chapman, 45, 5469 Refugee Road, Columbus, on a warrant for forgery, a felony.
* Todd Alva Sarver, 34, 200 Pennock Drive, Lot 28, Beverly, domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* Bradley David Flesher, 22, 629 Briggs Hill Road, Belpre, probation violation, a felony.
* Shanee Lynn Betz, 26, 3633 Ellis Ave., Canton, driving under the influence of alcohol, endangering children, possession of drugs and contempt of court, misdemeanors.
* Michael Duane Scoggan, 33, 18155 Ohio 550, Marietta, aggravated menacing and discharging a firearm on/or near prohibited premises, misdemeanors.
* Timothy Ray Albright, 56, 411 Sixth St., Belpre, suspension, a misdemeanor.
* Dustin Lee McKnight, 33, 9239 Ohio 60, Lowell, parole violation, a felony.
* Jerran Keith Knowlton, 38, homeless, domestic violence, a misdemeanor.
* Nathan Andrew Mercer, 38, 106 S. Second St., Marietta, probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Jeremiah Benson Helmick, 22, 595 Crane Camp Road, Walkersville, W.Va., drug paraphernalia, a misdemeanor.