ATHENS, Ohio — On July 19 the Athens County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports:
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to a Sixth Street residence on a report of an attempted breaking and entering overnight. A report was taken on the incident. If anyone has information on thefts or breaking and enterings that have occurred in Jacksonville, contact the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.
* Several mailboxes were damaged on Mayles Ridge in Athens and Washington counties between 11 p.m. and 4 a.m. Anyone with information regarding this case, contact ACSO or WCSO.
* July 18, an older model Yamaha 350 Big Bear four-wheeler was stolen from Sharpsburg. The four-wheeler is red in color, has a toggle switch on the left front fender and a lever on the rear fender used to put it in reverse. If anyone has information regarding this incident, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 740-593-6633.
* July 18, the Criminal Interdiction Unit was able to locate a female with an active warrant for her arrest. Amber Drake, 30, of Glouster, was taken into custody in Jacksonville. She was transported to SEORJ.
* July 18, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office was called to a report of a male walking down Big Bailey Run Road carrying a cane and dancing in the roadway. Upon arrival the male was found twirling his cane like a baton and howling at the sky like a wolf. When asked, the male stated that he was “living life and howling at the moon.” The male said he had the cane for a gunshot wound to his foot yesterday which he had healed today by putting his foot in a freezer in Glouster, police said. No visible injury could be observed on his foot. Corey Brown, of Millfield, was transported to SEORJ for disorderly conduct by intoxication to be held until sober. A small amount of marijuana was located on Brown as well and seized, police said.