MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports March 30:
* On March 27, Deputy Schwendeman observed a traffic violation while patrolling Muskingum Township. A traffic stop was conducted and the driver, David R. Shaffer, 5725 Blackburn Road, McConnelsville, Ohio, noted that he was not aware the speed limit had changed. A citation for speed was issued to Shaffer.
* On March 27, Deputy H. Tornes responded to Lincoln Circle Drive, Marietta, in reference to a complaint of a dog running loose and attacking other dogs. Prior to arrival, a dog matching the description of the loose dog was walking in the middle of the roadway. The dog was taken to the Washington County Humane Society and Dennis Menezes called advising the dog belonged to him. Menezes admitted to not having the dog registered and not restraining his dog. A summons is being requested for Menezes, 100 Lincoln Circle Drive, Marietta, for failure to register and failure to restrain.
* On March 28, Deputy Schwendeman began an investigation regarding a bad check passed at the Washington County Clerk of Courts. This case remains under investigation.
* On March 28, Warren M. Cochran, 12995 SR 676, Waterford, reported his 2002 Ford truck stolen and later recovered in McConnelsville. This case remains under investigation.
* On March 28, Blake Rowan, 310 Gantsville, Road, Little Hocking, reported a weedeater removed from his property. This case remains under investigation.
* On March 28, Deputy Martin, while working at the Washington County Jail, received a warrant from the Magistrate Court of Wood County for the arrest of a current inmate, Justin William Barth, 33, 4299 County Road Nine, Marietta, on a felony criminal complaint. The personal identifiers on the warrant were compared with booking information Barth provided while being booked at the Washington County Jail, finding them to match. A charge of fugitive from justice was filed on Barth through Marietta Municipal Court.
* On March 28, while patrolling Deputy Zide conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle driven by Mark A. O’Brien, 2665 Sandhill Road, Marietta. O’Brien was issued a citation for reckless operation.
* On March 28, Deputy McKee met with Cynthia Davis at 160 Dixon Road. Davis reports her cat was attacked by two dogs. This case remains under investigation.
The following warrant was processed at the Washington County Sheriff’s office:
* Brayden McCauley, Center Bend Road, Beverly, for violation of protection order.
The following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail Thursday and Friday:
* Mary Alice Brooks, 37, 210 W Spring Street, Marietta, for contempt (failure to appear).
* Nathan Allen Sprague, 29, 411 E Spring Street, Marietta, for probation violation, a misdemeanor.
* Roger Lee Ward Jr., 39, 1225 Weppler Road, Lowell, for parole violation, a felony, and obstructing and possessing drug abuse instruments, both misdemeanors.
MARIETTA — On March 29 the following subjects were processed into the Washington County Jail Wednesday and Thursday:
* Kyle Leon Sparks, 29, 329 Main St., Lower Salem, for fictitious plates.
* Warren Calvin Ritchie, 62, 27335 Ohio 7, Lot 17, Marietta, for probation violation.
* James Ryan Everson, 25, 290 Everson Road, Belpre, for domestic violence.
* Zachary Keith Cox, 27, 80 Porter Road, Bidwell, for parole violation.
* Christopher Gene Wilson, 23, 743 1/2 George St., Belpre, for probation violation.
There are 25 females and 99 male inmates in the Washington County Jail.