ATHENS, Ohio — On Feb. 28 the following reports were released by the Athens County Sheriff’s Department:
* The sheriff’s office responded to a trespass complaint on Depot Street.
* The sheriff’s office was requested to patrol near an Ohio 78 property. The caller said a male with whom they have been having issues had been seen driving in the area and a footprint was on the property. No suspicious activity was observed and continued patrols will be requested throughout the night.
* The sheriff’s office was dispatched to the Trimble Middle School on a report of a student was out of control. Prior to deputies arriving on scene, the student had calmed down and teachers were speaking with him. Contact was made with the student’s parents and the child was transported by deputies from the school to his residence where he was turned over to the custody of his mother.
* The sheriff’s office responded to an unruly juvenile at the alternative school on Washington Road. On arrival, a deputy found the child calm and speaking with teachers. The mother was requested to pick the child up from the school for the remainder of the day.
ATHENS, Ohio– On March 1 the Athens County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports:
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Depot Street on a report of an intoxicated male at a residence refusing to leave. Upon arriving, the unwanted guest, David Radcliff, saw deputies approaching the residence and ran. The area was searched, but he was not located. This matter is considered closed.
* A key to a Toyota was found near the park at Richland Avenue and Dairy Lane. The key is at the Sheriff’s Office and can be picked up with proof of ownership.
* While on patrol deputies observed a vehicle parked off the roadway on Frum Road. Deputies made contact with the driver. An odor of marijuana was coming from the interior of the vehicle. A search of the vehicle yielded a small amount of marijuana. The male issued a warning for marijuana possession and the evidence collected for destruction.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to a W. Bailey Road residence on an activated residential alarm. Upon arriving deputies checked the residence and found everything to be in order.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to a Brimstone Road residence to assist family members with a well-being check of an elderly female relative. Family forced entry into the residence prior to deputies arriving on scene and found her in need of medical attention. Deputies arrived on scene and assisted EMS personnel in rendering medical attention. She was then transported to the hospital and deputies cleared the scene.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a request from the Marion Police Department to make contact with a female on Ohio 681 Albany. Deputy responded to the residence, but it appeared the house was vacant.
* An intoxicated male walking along Ohio 682 in The Plains was called in by a motorist. Caller described the male as wearing a camo jacket, black shirt and blue jeans. A Deputy responded to the area and located the male. He was transported to a residence on Rollins Drive.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office located an elderly female in a vehicle out of gas on U.S. 50 Guysville. Upon speaking to the female, it was found that she was from the Cincinnati area. She was confused and disoriented as she stated she was on her way to her doctor’s appointment in the Cincinnati area and she was almost there. Deputies advised her she was not close to being there, and she did not understand where she was. The female was then transported to the hospital for a medical evaluation.
* A female on Ohio 691 reported she borrowed a friend’s car and overnight, her son and his friend left in the car and had not returned by evening. A BOLO was issued for the involved vehicle and associated parties and if not returned contact will be made to determine further action.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was called to Piggly Wiggly in The Plains for a report of a private property accident. An SUV had turned too sharply down one of the parking aisles and clipped the rear of a parked pickup truck. No one reported any injuries and damage to both vehicles were minor. Photos were taken, and information was exchanged.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to a verbal dispute near All-American Trophies in The Plains. The complainant said he saw a male and female subject arguing and walking through the construction area toward the Piggly Wiggly. Deputies made contact with the male and female subjects involved and they said it was a minor disagreement and there was no physical violence.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Evergreen Estates for a report of a suspicious vehicle. Deputies were advised prior to their arrival the vehicle left the area; however, the complainant wished to file a report. Deputies were advised a Silver Chrysler 300, occupied by known parties, left in the vehicle.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Penn Street in reference to a male subject causing a disturbance at his sister in law’s residence and demanding to take his children. The male subject was at a residence in Nelsonville earlier in the evening causing a disturbance as well with the mother of his children. The male subject left prior to deputy’s arrival in Glouster and the complainant was advised to call 911 if he returned.
* At the request of the Athens County Prosecutor’s Office, a Coolville resident was attempted to be located on an arrest warrant. Contact was made with parties at the address who advised the male was not at the residence at the time but confirmed that he does stay there. This information was relayed to the Prosecutor’s Office.
ATHENS, Ohio — Athens County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports March 2:
* On March 1, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Rock Riffle Road for a suspicious vehicle report. The caller stated a vehicle was parked but running in the roadway in front of their business. Deputies arrived to find Ohio State Highway Patrol already on scene. Deputies assisted troopers until contact was made with the driver, who was suspected of operating a vehicle while intoxicated. Once the situation was deemed secure, deputies resumed patrol and Highway Patrol continued their investigation in regard to the driver of the vehicle.
* On March 1, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office, while on patrol through the city of Athens, deputies were advised by a gas station attendant that a vehicle had struck one of their gas pumps and continued to drive away. Deputies were able to get a description of the vehicle which was then stopped by Athens City Police Officers. The incident is under further investigation by the Athens City Police Department.
* On March 1, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office assisted on two arrest warrants with the Athens County Prosecutor’s Office on Frost Road. Apprehended were Shella Perry and John Perry for aggravated trafficking and engaging in corrupt activity. Both were transported to the Sheriff’s Office.
* On March 1, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to the intersection of Mill School Road and Hogue Hollow Road for a report of a dispute. Once on scene, the caller said a male at the residence had taken her three cell phones and only gave her one back. She was not able to prove there had been three cell phones and the other half advised no cell phones were taken. The resident of the property said the female has shown up on the property multiple times and does not want her to return to the property. Another individual on the property gave her a ride to a residence in The Plains. With deputies not being able to prove that any cell phones were taken, this case is closed out.
* On March 1, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office was called to Baker Road for a report of a truck turning donuts in a field along Baker Road. The truck had left prior to police arrival. Some damage was observed to the field from the truck tires. Contact was made with the complainant who confirmed that the vehicle had left the area.
* On March 1, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office was advised of a possible location for Gavin R. Smathers, on State Route 685. Deputies went to the reported location, however were unable to locate. Smathers has active warrants for his arrest. Anyone with information regarding his whereabouts is requested to contact the Sheriff’s Office at 740-593-6633.
* On March 1, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office was advised of a storage container being open at an Athens Township business. Deputies responded and located the container and found it to be unsecured. The business owner was contacted and advised of the issue.