MARIETTA — On Feb. 23 the Washington County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports:
* Sgt. McGilton responded to Waterford Township in regard to two dogs running loose onto a neighbor’s property and chased after the property owner’s dog. The dog’s owner, Roxanne Spicer, had been warned a month before to register and restrain both dogs which she failed to do. McGilton requested a summons be issued to Roxanne Spicer, 38, 112 Mill St., Waterford, Ohio, for failing to register her dogs and restrain them.
* Sgt. McGilton responded to Charles Street, Newport, Ohio, in regards to a loose dog. On two different occasions, the dog, a black and white pit-bull went onto a neighbor’s property. The dog’s owner, James Lowers, has been cited four times prior for this same offense. McGilton requests a summons be issued to James Lowers, 38, 20 Charles St., Newport, Ohio, for failing to restrain his dog.
* Sgt. McGilton responded to Warren Township in regards to a black and tan German shepherd dog, belonging to Matthew G. Burwell, running away from a residence. Matthew’s dog got loose from his residence in the past and bit a subject, not causing injury, but ripping their pants. Matthew was warned then to restrain his dog which he failed to do. McGilton requests a summons be issued to Matthew G. Burwell, 33, 3600 Warren Chapel Road, Marietta, Ohio, for failing to restrain his dog.
* Sgt. Parks responded to Waterford, Ohio, to a reported burglary. This case remains under investigation.
* Deputy Johnson responded to Skyline Steel, 12355 Ohio 7, Belpre, to begin a theft investigation of copper. This case remains under investigation.
* Deputy Parks began an investigation in reference to identity fraud. This case remains under investigation.
* Robert Rhodes, 9235 Ohio 60, Lowell, reported unknown subject(s) tampering with items on his property. This case remains under investigation.
* Deputies Allender and H. Tornes responded to Tennis Center Drive where Kierson Dunaway reported Juan Salazar assaulted her. Juan Manuel Salazar, 21, 122 Tennis Center Drive, Apt. 1, Marietta, was placed under arrest for domestic violence and transported to the Washington County Jail.