ATHENS, Ohio– On Feb. 23 the following reports were released by the Athens County Sheriff’s Department:
* Deputies responded to Huckleberry Road for a domestic dispute. The caller said she wanted to leave a residence and her boyfriend would not let her. On scene, deputies determined the couple was at the male’s mother’s residence doing laundry. The male said they were leaving after the load was finished and the girlfriend said she did not want to wait. The female agreed to wait until the laundry was finished. She was also warned about abuse of 911 services.
* Deputies responded to a dispute on Bates Road between mother and adult son. On arrival, the deputy was told the son left the residence. A BOLO was sent out county wide to check the well-being of the son.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office spoke with a female by phone over a child custody issue. The female had a child who allowed another family member to take the child from the mother’s residence for the night. The following day, the mother was unable to contact the family member to have the child returned. The child was returned to the mother.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Varner Road for a report of two individuals who refused to leave an apartment. Once on scene, the responding deputy spoke with the individuals involved and the complainant said they could stay until they could get a ride somewhere else.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was called to Cross Street for a report a neighbor was shouting, and items could be heard breaking inside the house. When deputies arrived, parties had already left the area, but neighbors reported seeing injuries to the female’s face. Deputies were called back by a concerned neighbor later in the evening as parties had returned and more shouting was heard coming from the residence. Parties again left before deputies arrived.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office took a report of a neighbor issue on South Canaan Road. The complainant said her neighbor’s friends had spun gravel on their vehicle and left the scene. No damage was done to the vehicle. After advising the neighbor to have their friends be more careful when driving up the driveway due to lose gravel, the deputy returned to patrol.
* Deputies responded to a report of a suspicious male around a residence in Buchtel. While in route, deputies were advised the Buchtel Police Department was on duty and attempting to locate the male. Deputies assisted the department and identified and located the male.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Ellis Avenue for a report of the sounds of gunshot in the area. Contact was made at the residence where the sounds were reported to have come from. The male there reported there was no issue at the residence.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a report of two infants locked inside of a vehicle. Deputies responded and were able to unlock the doors. The children had only been in the car a short time. The incident occurred due to the keys being left in the vehicle and the lock button accidentally being hit as the parent exited the vehicle to retrieve the children.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Meadowbrook Road for a report of a domestic violence. Once on scene, deputies spoke with both parties and the complainant said she did not wish to pursue any charges and only wanted to separate for the evening.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was called to the Rite Aid in The Plains for a report of a suspicious male in the store. Contact was made with the male who reported he came to town to visit his son, but needed to get to a hotel in Athens until he could get transportation to return to California.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Modoc Road for a domestic dispute. On scene, deputies determined the event to be a mutual fight. Neither party had any observable injuries and did not wish to pursue the matter.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was called to Rhoric Road for an intoxicated male. The caller said a male living in the residence was extremely intoxicated and getting aggressive with the other residents. The male was arrested, charged with disorderly conduct by intoxication and was transported to jail.