ATHENS, Ohio — On Feb. 21 the following reports were released by Athens County Sheriff’s Department:
* The Criminal Interdiction Unit conducted a traffic stop on Ohio 682. After observing an odor of marijuana, the vehicle was searched. A small amount was located and logged for destruction.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a large group of individuals trespassing in a residence in Chauncey. While en route, deputies were advised some of the suspects were engaging in a fight in the middle of the road. Deputies arrived on scene and spoke with the complainant. Deputies ascertained no other persons were around, and the complainant was hallucinating. The complainant was placed under a blue slip and transported to O’Bleness ER to be evaluated.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a trailer on Upper River Road was entered sometime in past two years and the furnace was taken. Any information on this case, persons are asked to contact the sheriff’s office.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a report of fraud or theft via an Internet loan application. Female complainant was told she was approved for a loan she applied for online and then had money deposited into her account.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to Barbour Street in reference to a Glouster Police Department officer requesting assistance with an active burglary. Upon deputy’s arrival, the female subject was secured and detained. The female was attempting to kick her mother’s door in.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to South Plains Road in reference to juveniles sneaking around vehicles, being caught and then running away. The complainant asked for extra patrols throughout the late night and early morning hours.