ATHENS, Ohio– On Nov. 28 the following reports were released by the Athens County Sheriff’s Department:
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office observed a female walking along Ohio 13 in the middle of the night. Deputies made contact with the female who said she was walking home from work. Deputies transported the female to a residence in Chutney as per her request.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a complaint of a subject rattling the doors of a business in Albany. Deputies responded and checked the area but did not locate any persons. Deputies sat in the area but did not observe any suspicious persons.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a complaint of an intoxicated male on Gun Club Road. The caller said the male was knocking on their door loudly, then began arguing with one of the residents. Deputies arrived on scene and spoke with the suspect who was highly intoxicated. The suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct and transported to South East Ohio Regional Jail.
* Deputies responded to Canaveral in reference to a property line dispute. The complaint’s property had been surveyed with pins placed in the ground. Based on the location of the pins, contact was made with the other party to have them to move cars and other belongings off of the complaint’s property.
* Deputies responded to Dover Township in reference to a theft complaint. A statement was obtained from the victim, and the matter is under investigation.
* Deputies responded to Monster Ridge Road in reference to a trespassing complaint. This call ended up being a property line dispute over access to the suspect’s property. An agreement was made with both parties using the auditor’s wishbone until the property could be surveyed.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office took a report of a protection order violation in Guysville.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to The Plains in reference to a landlord-tenant dispute. Upon arrival, the tenant had left. The landlord explained the situation and was told the issue was civil.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Bean Hollow Road in reference to a burglary. The caller reported he was moving out and sometime during the night someone entered his home and took items. This case is still under investigation.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office took a report of theft of mail on Fisher Road in Athens. This case is under investigation.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Glen Bon Road in Novelties to assist Ohio Department of Natural Resources on a trespassing call. ODOR issued citations for various issues.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Millfield Road for a report of cows loose in yards. Once on scene, the responding deputy and local farmers were able to herd the cows back into their pasture. The owner of the farm was notified to repair his fence.
ATHENS, Ohio — On Dec. 1 the following reports were released by the Athens County Sheriff’s Department:
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Trimble for a third-party complaint of a domestic dispute. While attempting to make contact with the involved parties, the original complainant called back and said the subjects left the scene prior to deputies arriving.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to the Chauncey Amvets on a report of an opened door to the business. Upon arriving on scene deputies checked the building and found everything to be fine.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office took a report of a theft of a rebel flag on Chase Road in Albany. Currently there are no known suspects. If anyone has information regarding this theft call the Athens County Sheriff’s Office non-emergency number.
* Deputies responded to Setty Road in Albany in reference to the Veteran’s Administration calling in a well-being check on a male who was making suicidal threats to harm himself. Upon arrival, deputies made contact with the male subject who was clearly in pain and emotionally distraught. He said he has thoughts of killing himself daily. The male subject agreed to allow deputies to transport him to the hospital.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a Facebook harassment complaint. The complainant was blocked by the suspect prior to reporting the incident. Deputies will attempt to make contact with the suspect and advise them to not have further contact.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was contacted by a teenager on Perry Ridge Road reporting her mother’s boyfriend choked her. Upon arrival and speaking with all parties involved it was determined that no such action had occurred. Parties separated voluntarily for the night to avoid further issue.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office took a report of a protection order violation on Carbondale Road. This matter is under investigation.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was called to Mineral for an unruly juvenile. The caller stated her teenage son had become unruly that day and was shouting at her. The juvenile had issues at school, which seemed to have bled over into further issues at home. No threats or violence were reported. The mother was encouraged to contact juvenile court in regard to unruly juvenile charges.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office conducted a traffic stop on U.S. 33 West near Wayne National Headquarters. During the course of the investigation, Autumn Dunlevy, 23 of Millfield, was found to have an active warrant for her arrest out of Athens County Common Pleas Court for aggravated possession. Dunlevy was placed under arrest and transported to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail without incident.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Connett Road outside Nelsonville for a neighbor dispute. The complainant said their neighbor was out late demonstrating a loud truck air horn to friends. On scene, deputies made contact with the neighbor who said they would stay inside for the evening and cease any activity with their trucks.