ATHENS, Ohio — On Nov. 7 the Athens County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports:
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to the report of an individual in Athens Township who had inflicted bodily harm on themselves. EMS responded to the scene and the individual was transported to OMH for treatment. No further action taken. Return
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a well-being check at a residence in York Township. Contact was made and it was determined to be a phone problem.
* An Albany resident reported the tires on the passenger side of her vehicle had been slashed. The complainant reported she and her boyfriend had split up the night before, so she suspects he did the damage. This case is still under investigation.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to the East First Street in The Plains area in reference to an intoxicated male subject walking around. Deputies patrolled the area, no contact.
* The Perry County Sheriff’s Office arrested James Crawford of Junction City on an active warrant out of the Athens Municipal Court. The warrant was for failing to appear on a disorderly conduct. Crawford was picked up from Perry County at the county line and transported to court.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to Featherstone Road in Stewart in reference to drugs found on the property. Upon deputy’s arrival, the narcotics were seized and placed into evidence for destruction.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Matheny Road in reference to a verbal dispute. Upon arrival, the dispute ended and the female was leaving.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to the Valero in The Plains for a minor crash. A private property crash report was completed with one of the involved parties being found at fault. No charges were issued.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to an active burglary on Third Street in The Plains. Upon arrival, the complainant stated the male had entered through a front window after being told not to go in her house. The reason the male entered the house was to get clothes that he left there. No charges are being filed but the male was contacted and told not to return to the property.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to 71 Main St., in Jacksonville, for a report of an active dispute between two intoxicated females. Once on scene, deputies had the female who does not reside there leave.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office took a report for sounds of gun fire on Bails Road in Athens. No contact was made.
ATHENS — On Nov. 8 the following reports were released by the Athens County Sheriff’s Department.
* Deputies responded to Trimble Township in reference to a 911 open line. Deputies made contact with multiple individuals at residence.
* The Ohio Department of Transportation requested the sheriff’s office to remove a vehicle sitting in flood waters on Ohio 144. The vehicle was partially blocking the road in a one lane section of the road in a construction zone.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to an abandoned vehicle along Fierce Ridge Road. Upon arriving on scene, the vehicle was found to be off the roadway and stuck. No one was around the vehicle. The owner is registered in Perry County. It appears the vehicle was pulled off the side of the roadway and simply got stuck.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to a business in regard to an activated alarm. Deputies were canceled prior to arrival.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office were called to Nelsonville for a report of a theft at a residence. Contact was made with the victim who reported a male had come to his business stating that he was there to pick up some items for a male, known to the owner, and the male would be back later to pay him. When no one returned with payment, the store owner called the male who allegedly requested the property and was told that no such request was made.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a residence in regard to an unruly juvenile. The child remained at the residence.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to the Mill School Road area where the caller said the windows in her vehicle had been broken. Evidence was collected and this matter is under investigation.
* Deputies were sent to Salem Road for a report of a male exhibiting bizarre behavior. Contact was made with the male who ultimately voluntarily went to the hospital for treatment.
* A Glouster female reported when she returned to her home she saw someone run out of her garage and around the side of the residence. She stated nothing appeared to be missing at this time.
* Deputies responded to a complaint of an active dispute at a residence in Trimble Township. Upon making contact with involved parties, it was determined this incident originally began as rough horseplay, but escalated into a minor dispute. No injuries were reported or observed, and it was determined this was not a criminal matter. Parties were advised to calm down and avoid each other.