ATHENS, Ohio — On Nov. 10 the following reports were released by the Athens County Sheriff’s Department:
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to the East Scatter Ridge area in reference to a verbal dispute over a juvenile being unruly and refusing to go to school. Upon arrival deputies made contact with all three subjects involved. Ultimately it was determined the juvenile was attempting to skip school and the mother’s boyfriend caught him. There was no physical violence and the mother drove him to school.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a call reference a Publisher’s Clearing House scam originating out of the Lynchburg, Va., area using the number 876-412-4090. If you receive any calls from a suspicious number do not answer.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to a North Plains Road residence on an anonymous tip a missing runaway juvenile was at the residence. Deputies checked the residence and the juvenile was not there.
* Deputies responded to Evergreen Estates for a report of a warrant and protection order violation. Deputies arrived and spoke with involved parties, however could not determine that a protection order violation had occurred. No persons were located with active warrants.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office checked a location outside Nelsonville for a wanted suspect from Hocking County. Athens County deputies along with Nelsonville Police and Hocking County deputies searched the area. All units had no contact with suspects.
* Deputies responded to Circle Drive, Guysville, for a report of an active dispute. The suspect fled prior to arrival and the caller was not interested in filing a report.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a prowler around a residence in Shade. Deputies responded to the complainant’s address and checked the area. No subjects were located in the area. Deputies returned to patrol.
* Deputies spoke with a complainant in reference to a civil issue. Information was logged as requested by the complainant.