MARIETTA — The Washington County Sheriff’s Office released the following reports March 10:
* On March 9, a deputy responded to 115 Dean Street, Marietta, in reference to Mitchell Needs’ dog running loose from his residence. Needs had been warned in the past to restrain his dog. Mitchell Needs, 36, 115 Dean St., Marietta, was cited in Marietta Municipal Court for failing to restrain his dog.
* On March 9, deputies responded to the area of Chamberlain Drive and State Route 60, Marietta, to a report of two vehicles drag racing in the area. Deputies located both vehicles lined up side by side on Chamberlain Drive. The first vehicle was a 2001 Dodge Durango, belonging to Russell Satow. The second vehicle, a 2002 Mazda Protege, belonging to defendant, Damian Bettinger. Both subjects were interviewed by deputies and they admitted to drag racing. Damian M. Bettinger, 22, 209 Poplar Lane, Marietta, and Russell C. Satow, 27, 469 Dutch Ridge Road, Parkersburg, were issued citations for drag racing.
* On March 9, a deputy along with the Newport Volunteer Squad responded to Newport Township in referenced to a male subject needing medical attention.
* On March 10, a deputy was dispatched to Aurelius Township along with Salem Volunteer Fire Department, in reference to Daniel B. Adams, 8615 State Route 821, Lower Salem, being involved in an ATV accident. Adams was treated at the scene and also transported.
The following individual was recently sentenced in Washington County Common Pleas Court:
* Terry Waterman, 44, 1005 Front St., Marietta, domestic violence; 45 days county jail and court costs.
The following warrants were processed at the Washington County Sheriff’s Office:
* Ashley B. Brown, 2224 Beech Road, Weirton, for an attempt to commit and offense.
* Stephen S. Lipscomb, 172 Stanley Road, Lower Salem, Ohio, for no dog license.
* Barbara A. Pleasant, 172 Stanley Road, Lower Salem, Ohio, for no dog license.
* Robert Tate, 1582 Congress Road, Belpre, for confinement or restraint of dog.
* Damien A. Hines, 936 1/2 Fifth St., Marietta, for failure to appear. Original charge was trafficking marijuana.
* Michael S. Hatch, 1504 1/2 Covert St., Parkersburg, for failure to appear and OVI. Original charge was possession of marijuana paraphernalia.
* Kwante J. Johnson, 1443 Loraine St., Pittsburgh, Pa., for driving under suspension.
The following suspects were processed into the Washington County Jail Thursday and Friday:
* Tyler Joseph McMahan, 24, 2111 36th St., Parkersburg, for failure to appear and aggravated drugs possession, both felonies. McMahan was arrested in Washington County Common Pleas Court by the Washington County Sheriff’s Office and processed into the Washington County Jail on March 9 at 10:55 a.m.
* Joseph Gayle McElwee, 35, 956 Murphytown Road, Davisville, for menacing, drug paraphernalia, OVI and marked lanes, all misdemeanors. McElwee was arrested on Washington Boulevard by the Belpre Police Department and processed into the Washington County Jail on March 9 at 3:04 p.m.
* Larry Randolph Hasley, 38, 4144 Barnett Ridge Road, Fleming, for driving under suspension, obstructing official business and drug instruments possession, all misdemeanors. Hasley was arrested at Giant Eagle by the Marietta Police Department and processed into the Washington County Jail on March 9 at 10:49 p.m.