MARIETTA — On March 8 the following reports were released by the Washington County Sheriff’s Office:
* Deputy Schwendeman assisted with a search at the Washington County Jail and while searching the bunk of Alex Handschumacher, located a book under his mattress. Upon flipping through the pages of the book, Deputy Schwendeman found a small piece of foil wrapped up with a partial strip of Suboxone, a schedule III controlled substance. The suspect Suboxone was placed into evidence for testing. Due to the above circumstances, defendant, Alex Jackson Handschumacher, 38, 113 Dayton Road, Marietta, was charged with possession of drugs, a fifth-degree felony.
* Deputy McKee was dispatched to the Arrowhead Road area in reference to suspicious activity occurring. While in the area, Deputy McKee observed a vehicle pull into the gas station and park. Deputy McKee made contact with the driver, Dwayne S. Singer and discovered that Singer had a suspended Ohio operator’s license. Dwayne S. Singer, 24, 2050 Robert Road, Amesville, was issued a citation for operating a motor vehicle while under a license suspension.
* Deputy Johnson along with the Warren Volunteer Fire Department responded to a structure fire at the residence of Janet L. Leasure, 808 Salster Road, Fleming. Leasure was able to leave the residence unharmed. The fire department extinguished the fire, which is suspected to be a total loss. This case remains under investigation.
The following warrant was processed at the Washington County Sheriff’s Office:
* Earl D. Tidd, 20349 Marietta Road, Dexter City, for violation of temporary protection order.
The following suspects were processed into the Washington County Jail March 7 and 8:
* Christopher Lee Baughman, 24, 174 Oil Springs Road, Petroleum, on warrants for fail to comply order/signal officer, OVI suspension, reckless operation, row red light, and equipment/headlights display, all misdemeanors. Baughman was picked up at North Central Regional Jail by the Belpre Police Department and processed into the jail at 10:35 p.m.
* Harold Ivan Brown, 40, 1716 Smith Road, Vincent, for domestic violence, a misdemeanor and disrupting public service, a felony. Brown was arrested at his residence by deputies and processed into the jail at 9:26 a.m.
* There are currently 19 females and 85 males housed at the Washington County Jail.
MARIETTA — On March 9 the following reports and charges were released by the Washington County Sheriff’s Office:
* Lt. Norman and Deputy Metts responded to 1760 Smith Road, Vincent, in reference to a domestic dispute between Pamela and Harold Brown. Upon arrival, deputies spoke with Pamela in which she stated an argument started earlier in the day regarding their divorce. Pamela stated Harold grabbed her and caused her to fall on the bed. Pamela said at that time she called for emergency services and Harold grabbed the phone and removed the battery, throwing the phone across the room.
Pamela was able to retrieve the phone and proceeded to call 911 a second time at which time Harold disconnected the phone from the wall and she lost contact with 911 a second time. Pamela stated she plugged the cord back in and called 911 a third time. Pamela stated she was in fear for her safety and requested a temporary protection order. Deputies spoke with Harold who admitted to grabbing Pamela and removing the battery from the phone and disconnecting the phone line so that Pamela could not make contact with the police. Harold Ivan Brown, 40, 1760 Smith Road, Vincent, was arrested for domestic violence and disrupting public service. Brown was transported to the jail for processing.
* Deputy Johnson responded to 101 Evans St., Apt. B9, New Matamoras, for a reported burglary. Donald Hendershot Jr. reported his neighbor, Michael Luthern, came into his house and began punching him. Hendershot stated his screen door was closed but unlocked and Luthern entered the residence uninvited. Hendershot was sitting on the couch and Luthern was at the door and then Luthern was leaning over him, punching him in the forehead. Hendershot had red marks and visible swelling to his head as a result. Hendershot reportedly tried to get away and while doing so was grabbed by the shirt in which it was ripped completely off. A witness did observe Luthern leaving Hendershot’s apartment. Deputies later made contact with Michael Clark Luthern, 47, 101 Evans St., Apt. A1, New Matamoras, and he was arrested for aggravated burglary and transported to the jail for processing.
* Deputies responded to Watertown Township in reference to an individual getting scammed out of money through Facebook messenger. Statements and receipts were obtained by deputies. Case remains open for investigation.
* Deputy Metts responded to 700 Zimmer Road, Marietta, in reference to Dean Zimmer advising he had several bullet holes in a barn on the property. This investigation continues.
* Deputy Parks was dispatched to the Barlow Fairgrounds, 8595 Ohio 339, Barlow, in reference to a possible domestic dispute. Upon arrival, Deputy Parks met with Regina Moore. Regina advised her estranged husband, Edward, kept their child that day because she was sick. Regina advised arrangements were made with Edward to meet to exchange the child at the Barlow Fairgrounds. Upon meeting, Regina stated Edward got into her car, took her phone and car keys. Regina advised Edward threw her car keys into the grass, approximately 50 feet from where they were. Regina advised Edward grabbed ahold of both of her arms and pushed her. She stated Edward then pulled his truck next to her vehicle while she was outside of her vehicle and she felt he was pinning her between the two cars. Regina advised he opened his door which kept her from getting into her vehicle and then he used his door to hit her vehicle causing minor damage. Edward Franklin Moore, 45, 1482 Clark Road, Cutler, was placed under arrested for domestic violence and was transported to the jail for processing.
* Deputy Parks responded to 318 Main St., Lowell, in reference to a 911 hang up call. Deputy Parks met with Christopher Honchul who advised his wife, Toni, had been sick and he was attempting to tend to her. Christopher advised Toni became increasingly agitated and a verbal argument ensued. Christopher advised Toni then punched him on the left side of his face. Deputy Parks then spoke with Toni who advised she wasn’t feeling well and it had been a frustrating day. Toni advised when Christopher came home from work he was being very persistent with her about different things. Toni advised Christopher attempted to take her electronic tablet away from her and in doing so she was afraid that he would break it. Toni stated she punched him with her right hand. Deputy Parks is requesting Christopher Honchul, 34. and Toni Honchul, 33, 316 Main St., Lowell, be summoned into Marietta Municipal Court for disorderly conduct.
The following suspects were processed into the Washington County Jail March 8 and 9:
* Brandon Michael Schmidt, 26, homeless, on warrants for probation violation, breach of recognizance and failure to reinstate operator’s license, all misdemeanors. Schmidt was arrested at Shoe Department by Patrolman McElroy of the Marietta City Police Department and processed into the jail at 4:28 p.m.
* Daniel Dewayne Lewis Jr., 30, 103 Vista St., Marietta, on warrants for falsification and tampering with records, both misdemeanors. Lewis was arrested at his residence by Patrolman Ellenwood of the Marietta City Police Department and processed into the jail at 6:34 p.m.
* Edward Franklin Moore, 45, 1482 Clark Road, Cutler, for domestic violence, a misdemeanor. Moore was arrested at the Barlow Fairgrounds by Deputy Parks of the Washington County Sheriff’s Office and processed into the jail at 6:50 p.m.
* Andrew David Britton, 29, homeless, for a parole violation, a felony, drug instruments possession, drug paraphernalia and disorderly conduct intoxication, all misdemeanors. Britton was arrested at Speedway on Second Street by Patrolman Ritchie of the Marietta City Police Department and processed into the jail at 11:09 p.m.
* Michael Clark Luthern, 57, 101 Evans St., New Matamoras, for aggravated burglary, a felony. Luthern was arrested by Deputy Mankins of the Washington County Sheriff’s Office and processed into the jail at 12:47 a.m.
* David Mark Tewkesbury, 52, 521 Barclay St., Lot 15, Belpre, for criminal mischief and disorderly conduct, both misdemeanors. Tewkesbury was arrested on Second Street by Patrolman Huck of the Marietta City Police Department and processed into the jail at 2:28 a.m.