ATHENS, Ohio — On March 15 the Athens County Sheriff’s Department released the following reports:
* Deputies responded to The Plains in reference to an individual who had stated he intended on stealing from a business. Deputies located the individual and checked him for stolen merchandise; none was located.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office took a theft report from South Plains Road in The Plains. Upon arrival, contact was made with the complainant who said he had a floor jack and bicycle stolen from his property. The complainant supplied a name of a possible suspect and an attempt was made to make contact with the suspect but had negative contact. The possible suspect later called in and denied any involvement. Case is still under investigation.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Floyd Drive, The Plains, in reference to a suspicious vehicle which made six laps in the area. Deputies patrolled the area; no contact was made.
* Deputies were called to the Ohio 13, Glouster area, for a report of an intoxicated male driving down the roadway. Contact was made with the male who did appear to be under the influence. Ohio State Highway Patrol took the investigation.
* Deputies responded to a Carbondale Road, Nelsonville residence for a trespass complaint. The caller advised his brother came over uninvited after being told to stay away numerous times. A trespass complaint was filed to document if the trespass occurred again charges could be pursued. Upon service of the complaint to the involved subject, it was discovered that Paul E. Kiser, 45, of Nelsonville, had an active warrant out of Athens County. Kiser was transported to South East Ohio Regional Jail without incident.