ATHENS, Ohio — On Jan. 13 the followig reports were released by the Athens County Sheriff’s Department.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to E. Kasler Creek Road, Amesville, in reference to a 911 hang-up call. Contact was attempted with the homeowner but no one was home.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Main Street, Chauncey, in reference to an active dispute. Upon arrival, deputies spoke with all the parties involved and it was determined it was only a verbal argument and there was no physical violence. Parties were advised to remain calm and at separate areas of the residence for the rest of the evening.
* The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Roy Avenue, The Plains, in reference to threats and harassment via text messages. The suspect said he was walking around in the area and would keep watching them. The complainant advised there was an extensive history of harassment from the suspect. The complainant was advised to contact the Athens County Sheriff’s Office Victim Advocate in reference to a protection order.
* Deputies responded to a Binderbasin Road address outside Glouster for a burglary report. The complainant said while they were not home, someone entered the residence and took an Xbox One video game console and multiple games.
* Deputies were dispatched to Pancake Road in Nelsonville for a reported intrusion alarm. Deputies arrived on scene and checked the perimeter of the business. No criminal activity could be observed and units cleared the area.
* Deputies responded to Maple Street in Trimble for a report of a disorderly intoxicated female. Deputies arrived and was advised the owner of the residence wished for the female to leave. Due to the female having an injury, deputies assisted in transporting the female to Main Street in Jacksonville.
* Deputies took a report of harassment on Roy Avenue in The Plains. Deputies spoke with the suspect party and advised them to stop communications immediately.