PARKERSBURG — Wood County Magistrate Court heard the following cases on May 8:
* Michael Boley, 32, 171 Meadows Mobile Home Park, Parkersburg, pleaded down from a felony charge of wanton endangerment to brandishing deadly weapons. He was sentenced to one year of unsupervised probation, an assessment at the day reporting center and to follow all recommendations and assessed $160.25 in court costs and fines.
* Gavin Bennett, 21, 16 Ashwood Drive, Vienna, pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance, methamphetamine, and was sentenced to one year of unsupervised probation, with the condition of re-entry at recovery network, a signed release and allowing the state to monitor progress with monthly reports. He was also assessed $160.25 in court costs and fines.
* Emmett Starcher, 48, 129 West Seventh St., Williamstown, was arraigned on the charges of leaving the scene, striking a fixture and failure to report an accident. He was released on a $1,500 personal recognizance bond.
* Joshua Slider, 34, 160 Klipstine Road, Big Springs, W.Va., pleaded down from a felony charge of prohibited person in possession of a firearm to a misdemeanor charge of prohibited person in possession of a firearm and was sentenced to six months of probation with credit for 57 days and assessed $160.25.
* Harold Stroehman, 67, 361 Mitchells Lane, Washington, was arraigned on a charge of assault and was released on a $500 personal recognizance bond.