PARKERSBURG — Wood County Magistrate Court heard the following cases on May 1:
* William McBrayer, 33, 602 Sled Run Road, St. Marys, pleaded guilty to charges of obstruction and possession of a controlled substance without a prescription. As part of a plea agreement he was dismissed on a charge of possession of a controlled substance without a prescription and sentenced to time served. He was assessed $345.50 in court costs and fines.
* Philip Parsons, 31, 236 Hummingbird Lane, Ripley, pleaded guilty to charges of failure to appear and two counts of shoplifting; as part of a plea agreement he was dismissed on charges of failure to appear, obstruction and shoplifting; he was sentenced to one year of unsupervised probation, ordered to pay a $178 civil penalty to one victim and $50 to the other for shoplifting and was assessed $520.75 in court costs and fines.
* Jessica Hambrick, 35, 100 Mineral Manor Way, number 323, Mineral Wells, was dismissed on charges of operating without a certificate and no insurance.
* Michael Robinson, 27, 1876 South Pleasant Hill Road, Belleville, was arraigned on charges of obstruction, two counts of battery of a police officer, disruption of government process, disorderly conduct and destruction of property. He is being held at the North Central Regional Jail on a $10,000 surety bond.
* Samantha Border, 21, 122 Dalton Drive, Ripley, made a no contest plea to speeding 79 and a 70 zone and was assessed $165 in court costs and fees.
* Alison Shank, 36, 23 Sweet Apple Road, Vincent, made a no contest plea to speeding 54 in a 35 zone and was assessed $180.25 in court costs and fines.
* Jack Waters, 75, 430 South Fourth Ave., Paden City, pleaded guilty to speeding 51 in a 45 zone and was assessed $165.25 in court costs and fines.